Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
My letter ... the bold was added ...

As a constituent and concerned motorized outdoor recreationist, I am writing to ask you to oppose H.R. 1925, America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009. H.R. 1925 will designate more than nine million additional acres as Wilderness and unnecessarily close access to responsible recreation at the Moab, San Rafael Swell and Chimney Rock off-highway vehicle areas (to name a few) in Utah.

By designating over 9 million acres of new Wilderness, this would close all trails to responsible motorized access in these areas. The closure of these trails will be devastating to many friends and families who recreate together responsibly.

We cannot afford to close any more trails without providing alternative riding opportunities. Again, I ask that you oppose H.R. 1925.

As a historic Architect and President of the Texas Motorized Trails Coalition here in Texas, I work closely with officials in many small towns to create economic development opportunities.

OHV recreation adds $1.8 million dollars to the Gilmer / Upshur County economy as a result of our park nearby. We are currently completing our second park in Crockett County. In addition, we are working with Bridgeport and the National Forest Service to improve opportunities as well. All citizens of the various areas mentioned stand to gain economically from these OHV areas.

Economic development is an often overlooked aspect of these discussions. OHV recreationist have disposable income or they would not be involved in the sport. Economic benefit to a community also generates taxes for the local and state governments. Wages produce additional tax revenue for the federal government. In addition, OHV recreation is a family sport and families are the backbone of America.

Heritage tourism is a byproduct of recreational tourism and both are important means of economic development to the small towns of Texas and America.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions regarding OHV access, economic development in the small towns of Texas, or historic preservation.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this important issue.

Please personalize your letters by adding some reference to economic development and such. Those are important considerations that are, more often than not, left out of the discussions.

Top Bottom