bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
I am looking at some protective gear, and I was wondering what you guys thinks of these.
gear
For the money do these look ok? With a nice jersy over it, and some pants and boots? Should I go with a traditional chest protector and all the parts separate?
Bleeds

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I wear the EVS Balistic Jersey that's similar to the 661 you're looking at. I really like it- it's so convenient to just zip it on and I've got kidney belt, elbow guards, chest, back, and shoulder guards on in about 5 seconds. I found that with a normal chest protector that I'd typically hit my forearms/elbow on crashing so I started wearing elbow guards about 2 years ago. The problem is that they slide around. The EVS solves that problem and everything stays put. On a really hot day (90's), I'll wear just the jersey with a sleevless T-shirt underneath and it's very cool. Normally, I wear a vented jersey over the EVS and get excellent air flow. I ride woods, track, trail, everything...

I picked the EVS over the 661 because I liked the shoulders on the EVS better.

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Get knee guards! jumped a 25 foot table top today on my cr250... and stupid 4 wheelers mest it up and i got in a rut and took off sideways... crashed down from about 20 feet right on my knee right on a rock... im icing it now but its not looking good :( hurts so bad

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Sounds like all in all the 661 I am looking at is going to be ok. I am not a "hardcore" rider like many of you guys here, but I am not a putt putter either. I think I will get the 661, some real good knee pads, and a nice pair of Thor or Alpine boots. That should be ok. Maybe a pair of gloves with the carbon fiber over the knuckles. Will have to wait to see if this damned PCI-E Graphics card of mine on that Ocean-side auction site sells for enough money first though! Damned ATI :blah: !
LOL
Bleeds
:cool:

rob129

Jun 27, 2004
No matter how you ride....dont skimp on your gear! I cant say that enough. You might feel a little frisky later on down the road and have a high speed get off. Nobody likes to crash, it hurts and sucks! But it is a fact of life when you ride. It may not happen today or tomorrow but it will. Its only a matter of where, when and how bad. What you do not want is to find out is that your gear did not save your bacon during a crash. Not trying to scare you. Only passing on what I have learned. Here is what I have:

Fox 360 Habius Corpus pants
A-star Tech 8 boots
EVS padded riding shorts
Fox Habius Corpus Jersey
Fox Airframe chest protector
EVS Option elbow and knee/shin guards
Fox Hart replica helmet

I was wearing all the above 2 months ago when I wiped out. I spent 4 days in the hospital with a busted collarbone/5 ribs and other issues. They told me that if I was not wearing my gear I would have been a goner. I dont ride track. I strictly ride the Mojave desert. I consider myself to be a pretty good rider but, that was not my day. I am sure it wont be the last time I eat it. Before that, I rarely crashed. Learn from this..............

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Wear all the gear you can get your hands on and afford. The ground hurts!

I won't even take the bike past 1st gear unless I have all my gear on. I've read multiple stories about people cracking bones on extremely low speed tip overs.

I personally wear the following

Pants/Jersey
HJC helmet
Thor Force chest protector
Thor Force knee guards
MSR boots (upgrading before spring)
EVS race collar

I feel reasonably safe with all my gear on, but I can still get hurt regardless.

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
AssistSuper said:
I've read multiple stories about people cracking bones on extremely low speed tip overs.

True!! I broke my rib highsiding in 1st gear on my old RM125. Just a simple little slide, then zip-whang-WAM!.....busted rib. There were also several times when my old '92 WR250 did the YamaHop thing in 1st gear and threw me down hard. No broken bones, but I had to replace a helmet.

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
SOunds like alot of fun!

BUT does that stuff I am looking at look like it will be functional as the next. I dont want under-kill if you know what I mean. BUT I dont want to have to go to england or spain and have a suit of chain mail, and field plate made either.. :coocoo: LOL
Bleeds :aj:

Top Bottom