petersca

Nov 11, 2001
OK, I have had a few spills on my bike. A few Knee slams and shoulder hits. I was wondering I have like $350 to spend on some new stuff. I just dont know what to get over what.

I have A
helmet M2rSX400
Gloves

Thats it. I want pants, boots, knee pads, and jersey. should i by the $100 boot and $100 pants $15 knee pads and $30 Jersey or do i by better quality items, remember I only have 350 to spend.

Thanks Chad

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
I am also in the process of buying"stuff." You forgot your chest protector. If you ever have a broken rib, you'll know why you need one. $100 boots actually aren't usually that bad. And you can get away with $80 pants. This gives you a little breathing room to get some quality stuff. Go and price things, this is the way to figure out what you need. If yo can't get it all at once buy it a piece at a time. A few safety items are better than none imo.

calamari racer

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2001
Brockton Cycle Center usually has last years gear for closeout prices. You're dollar would go a lot further there. When you buy pants, make sure they will be big enough to fit knee braces or knee pads in. Maybe go try on several makes a shop first.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
try Bob's Cycle Supply, BTO Sports for closeout specials.
I got a pair of MSR System X (same as A-stars Tech 6) boots last year for $170 from BTO. You can always find pants and jersey combos for less than $100. Good knee cups are about $25. Find a chest protector on eBay if you cant find a good deal on a new one.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd say pants & jersey would be the lowest items on my list.
Helmet & goggles
Boots & gloves
Chest protector

Then decide what issues you want to address and how. Do I want knee braces or will plastic cups do? Elbow/forearm protection or kidney belt/back? While pants and jersey do provide some measure of protection they are more style.

Don't forget to chech MX South for some killer closeout specials as well as the For Sale / Wanted Forum. Inline skating gear is pretty good stuff and can be picked up pretty reasonably at sporting good stores to get some plastic on the knees and elbows.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
ditto what patman said, a helmet and boots are your most important items... the pants and jersey are secondary, I personally dont care what I look like, as long as I am protected. My personal recommendation is to go with black as it will match any bike you get in the future. Knee and elbow pads are essential, as well as a kidney belt. ride with one then with out one and you'll see what i mean.

Top Bottom