MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
I'm looking for a parts break down for a 1993/4 PW80 Carb.

The bike quit idling this weekend and I've cleaned it and still can't get it right. I'm looking for a diagram that will help me see the different circuits. It runs fine with the choke on, etc. Runs good once up off idle (using the main). So the idle circuit has to be plugged up.

-MD

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I have 2 PW-80s (2000 year models) and I have to mess with the idle adjustment periodically. It is like they get possessed or something.

I assume that you took a small regular screwdriver and adjusted the idle screw on the shifter side of the carb? It is a small brass screw and a 1/2 twist in either direction will cure idle problems (for my son's bikes anyway).

BTW -
Is this thread qualified to go here since we are talking about YZingers???

-jeffd

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Dunno, but I thought it was a good place to start.

Well, I disassembled it again, soaked it in carb cleaner, blew out every hole, cavern, orafice, etc, put her back together and we're good to go. It was mighty cruddy. (it's a 93 model) and I think it had the original air filter, which was shot. I havn't been able to find one so I manufactured one out of some fish filter material I have. So far soo good. It's running well.

-MD

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Make sure to oil that filter!

The local Yamaha shop should have new filters. My gosh - I don't think that they have changed in 12 years.

-jeffd

Dylan-man

Oct 29, 2009
PW80 carb

I have a pw80 not sure which model, but it has a mikuni carb on it and we have had alot of trouble with it. the needle and seat are not sealing properly and it floods constantly and the floats are a prick of a thing to adjust. does anyone have any clues to how i can fix that?? :pissed:

Top Bottom