nofx_boden

Jan 1, 2008
I am wanting to run premix in my sons pw80. Do i need to remove the oil tank and all the stuff that comes with it. OR can I just empty the oil out and just start to run the premix? Thanks for any help.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I guess the big question is why?

redsput

Feb 13, 2005
pull the oil pump off, remove the drive gear, plug the oil line to the carb, put the pump back on with the cable attached, seal up the oil line holes and run your favorite premix. Did this on my BW80 pit machine...

redsput

Feb 13, 2005
why? ...why not - I already carry 40:1 mix everywhere my pit bike goes, one less can - no worries ever about pump or line failures...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Why not could be applied to lots of things that don't make a lot os sense. I see it as a little learner / trail bike for kids. Having the oil tank and pump all in place keeps the little bike as Yamaha designed and makes it easy to fuel for most folks like me that carry straight fuel and only mix it as they need it. Different strokes I guess.

jmhines

Feb 12, 2009
redsput said:
pull the oil pump off, remove the drive gear, plug the oil line to the carb, put the pump back on with the cable attached, seal up the oil line holes and run your favorite premix. Did this on my BW80 pit machine...

That's what I did...and for pretty much the same reasons. I ended up going up a few sizes on both jets though. It kind of makes sense to me that when you go from the stock jets just flowing gas to the stock jets trying to flow mix gas that it wouldn't work quite right, though it's not something that Iv'e really seen discussed anywhere.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom