Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It's my 12 year anniversary of quitting cigs. :yeehaw:

and that number is at 4 dollars a pack. They are up around 8 or 10 per pack now and heading up again.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Congrats! Nicotene is one of the only drugs that pleases all the senses, and it's legal. Hugely tough.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
MXSparx said:
Awesome!!! keep with it
Thanks.

You must have posted while I was editing... said almost the same thing before, so I removed the repeat.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Show off!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
:boss:

LongGone

Nov 27, 2009
Good stuff to all who are making quitting their b----. :)

Over 7 years and now I've been battling the weight that I put on after quitting smoking. Been dieting and exercising for the past few mos. Down to around 215 from my heaviest ever of 273. I'm 6' 2" so I'll take 215. Now the tricky part is making this healthy change a lifelong commitment just like being a non-smoker.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Over 8 months now for me. Still think about them after meals, with coffee, when sitting down to "take a break."

I think I've decided the hardest part is the habit of "the break"... then the following brief disapointment of realizing I can't have one. I've heard the "behavior habits" can last for years. Grrr.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I think I've decided the hardest part is the habit of "the break"... then the following brief disapointment of realizing I can't have one. I've heard the "behavior habits" can last for years. Grrr.

I'm 15 years quit and there are still moments where I'd like nothing more than to have a cigarette or cigar. But, the moment quickly passes.

Congrats to both of you on 8 months! :cool:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Okiewan said:
8 Months today for me, congrats 2-S-4, I know what it's like!

When I stopped I gained some weight.
Anyone else ????

mully

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Mully said:
When I stopped I gained some weight.
Anyone else ????

mully
About 20 lbs... but I work outside in this summers extreme Midwest heat. This winter I'll probably go full whale. :ohmy:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Papakeith said:
I'm 15 years quit and there are still moments where I'd like nothing more than to have a cigarette or cigar. But, the moment quickly passes.

Congrats to both of you on 8 months! :cool:
My mom said for up to 20 years after quiting that she would often hop in the car, crack the window, a reach into her purse. :whoa:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Okiewan said:
8 Months today for me, congrats 2-S-4, I know what it's like!
:cool: We bad...

LongGone

Nov 27, 2009
Nice job guys! It gets easier the more months and years you put behind you. Like PK said you'll still have moments but they quickly pass. The thing that keeps me from ever having one cigarette again is remembering how brutal those first few weeks/ months were. I don't wanna do that all over again.

As for the weight part I went from about 215lbs @ 6' 2" as a smoker all the way to 273lbs over the course of 7 yrs. I'm happy to say I've got the food thing under control now too. Bouncing around 208lbs and healthier than I've ever been before.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
HA! Just checked in this site for the first time in a LONG time. For some reference I was a 21 year old college kid who spent most of his spare time partying (because I didn't have a bike) when I started this thread. I'm now a 31 year old teacher, spend my spare time riding my TE 310, and am married and with a little one on the way. How time flies!

I can't say I haven't smoked at all since I quit, but in the last 10 years since this thread started I've probably had less than 5 cigarettes (and frankly I can only think of 2 times I've had one.) I was tempted for a couple of years but I held fast to my committment. Now the smell of cigarette smoke grosses me out . For some reason this is especially true in hot weather. Occasionally on a crisp winter morning the idea of a menthol cigarette sounds "kind of" tempting; but it just isn't worth it. I wish you guys all the best. I'll have to check in more frequently. Good luck! :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
OldassKDX said:
HA! Just checked in this site for the first time in a LONG time.

HA! Nice to hear from ya, time fly's by doesn't it. Good to hear your still off the things and life is treating you well. :cool:

I'm a short timer for sure, but can report that I haven't had a single puff since I quit in January :nod:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thats good news guys, great to hear it.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
This thread is a bit of a lifetime archive for me. I’m twice the age when I started (42 now) I now have two wonderful daughters, 10 and 8, and am still happily married to my amazing wife who would probably stab me if I started smoking again. I am a definitive non-smoker now. If I’ve had a cigarette in the last 20 years I sure don’t remember it.

Top Bottom