mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
Well I just got the motor back out of the shop this last week. I was out for about 6 weeks, but rode Friday to try and get back into it. Saturday I was still feeling a little rusty in practice but was doing good. Sunday, First moto I got hung up in the gate, i didn't rush it, it just never fell :bang: . I managed to sweep the inside going into the first corner and make it into around 10th. Then started passing as many guys as I could and made it up into 4th right behind the leaders by the 2nd lap. I was getting set to pass for the lead going up horsepower hill. I couldn't get it done, but a few corners later I could feel my arms tightening up,in another lap I couldn't even use the front brake and decided to settle down and be consistent. On the last few laps I was getting out of shape coming out of corners, but I thought it was because of being tired and the track conditions were slick.I got 5th first moto. Came back in only to discover that my rear tire had gone flat midway through the moto. We quickly got everything changed out for the second moto. Second moto I got a bad jump and entered the first turn pretty far behind, I tryed to sweep past the guys but ended up catching a rear wheel and high-siding, then getting run over 4 or 5 times. I was pretty shaken up, and the EMT's attending to me on the track thought I had a concussion and a shattered pelvis, but I knew I was just sore, I told them i was finishing the race. By this time the leaders were coming by to put me 2 laps down. I proceeded to work my way by a few of them before i high-sided in another corner, at that point I called it a day. I still can't really walk, but the bike looks good and nothing is broken so I'm happy.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
I hate when the gate doesn't drop freely. It happened to me at Lakewood last month.. the gate dropped half way, so I waited a second, then foolishly decided to try and knock it flat. Instead it folded forward and got wedged under my fender. Took the lineman about 30 seconds to get it free! Put me half a lap down, and in the four lap sprints that they call Novice races out here, there's no way to make it up.

-Pace

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
Luckily this race ended up being about 8 laps and I made it up to 5th place, but at the pace I was having to go my arms were fried pretty quick. Its strange, when I raced a YZ125 I could ride for hours and never get tired, but since going to the YZ250F I can barely last three or four laps. The only reason I can fathem is that the YZ125 had Pro Circuit suspension, time to pony up for a revalve.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Believe it or not, I never got arm pump much until I changed out my stock bars for a set of Pro Tapers. But I'm too stubborn and like the feel of them too much to try putting the stockers back on. :laugh:

Before the last race, I took a bunch of aspirin the night before and the morning of. I didn't get any pump at all. Go figure.

-Pace

Top Bottom