Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Hi Wardy,

Can you walk us through what a rider needs to do to get a comp license in the AMA, and any details you think are important . Say for a rider (like me) who will be racing AMA events this season but hasn't competed in AMA events for about 1000 years :
smile3.gif

Thanks,

Rich

------------------
Rich Rohrich

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance."
    -- Orville Wright

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Well thats a pretty simple step. Either go to www.ama-cycle.org  and use the trusty credit card to get your ama card or any AMA track that has an event will have the proper stuff to sign you up. But remember if you wait til that day like alot of riders do, it makes sign up take a lot longer and also makes it harder to get the day going. MY advice to a rider is that if they have like three weeks prior to going to compete i would sign up via the web or call 1800 ama join. and get it done. if a rider plans to race sooner then that sign up at the track.

in our district you also will have to purchase a district card

the costs for these items are 29.00 for ama  and 20.00 for d-17 card which includes 1 class. these items above are year memberships. ama is exactly a year, district is from jan to jan no matter when you sign up.

wardy

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
... and how does one get a District 17 card ?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I guess I should have known that     DOOOOOOOHHHHH  
smile.gif

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Rich,
Past D17 members normally receive the "renewal packett" with a new District 17 application each year in December.
If you did not get one:

1. you can email me your snail mail address and I can send you one.
2. you can download the app off of my website as "okie " suggested.
3. you can sign up your first race at any D17 track, but the District would prefer you go with one of the other 2 options.

Hey the weather was awesome this weekend and I was at LTM Casey , Ill
both days..Great track conditions and great racing.
I love spring!

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
You don't have a package?
smile.gif

LOL

Okie if you was a district memeber last year you should have gotten one.
but it wouldn't bet the first time that an address got lost.

wardy

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Rich,

I used the D17 form on AJ's page and mailed it in. I got my card back in two weeks or less (got the # I wanted, too!) Too bad you didn't make the March 1 date...it would have saved you five bucks.

James

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Cool thanks guys. I'll use the online form.

So Wardy, is there ever a fuel check at local races?  
smile4.gif
smile4.gif
smile4.gif
smile4.gif

------------------
Rich Rohrich

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance."
    -- Orville Wright

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
We have not had fuel checks but I see that one at least is going to be needed it seems..LOL

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
... but it's 50 state emissions LEGAL  
smile4.gif

------------------
Rich Rohrich

-- Orville Wright

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
and you really think that ama or d-17 couldn't find a way to make that illegal?  LOL let me tell ya that we can complicate just about anything......without trying! at thats what we get accused of

wardy

Top Bottom