Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As DW '03 gets closer and begins to occupy a larger portion of my brain, I started looking at pics and reading stories from last year....

I can't remember who shot this, but it's little Luke "Zoomer" getting an autograph from Kenny Bartram who came out for some fast laps and some BIG air. Word is he'll be back this year. Who knows, maybe he'll convince a good friend of his to make it as well :thumb:

kenny_DW02.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm still waiting from him to call and convince me to go.... :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That picture doesn't show the Energizer batteries in Luke's back.  The kid was either sleeping, eating or riding all week.  Kinda surprised you got a picture of him standing. :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:(

The fact that I missed it last year and wheather or not I'll be able to make it this year.

I am still awaiting dates from the Army, if I get them I may be in OK about that time. :thumb:

If not it's school for me and I may try to finnaggle a ride out with Moose...

Always have a back up plan! :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm a bit photographically challenged, but it was one of the better shots I got during DirtWeek.

That was a very special time there at the end of the whoops section when Kenny decided to hang with a few of us spodes and discuss a few things. He went a bit indepth with us on the finer aspects of a few technical freeride tricks, signed a couple of 'graphs for the kids, and just as he got rested he looked at the whoops section and decided he should probably try to blast them....going the wrong way...and did just that!

Very classy kid.:thumb:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Since we didn't make it last year I don't have any thoughts on Dirtweek's past but for Dirtweek present/future I can share that my wife is thoroughly amused that my son can tell you every state/town we are going to drive through from Winnipeg to Stillwater. Last night I was mentioning that instead of our usual mix of water/simple green I wanted to try a product called Pro Clean 1000 and Troy right away pipes up that they are a sponsor of Dirtweek again this year and Buddy from Proclean will be there :laugh: That's when we learned that he could tell us every sponsor of last years dirtweek and those already commited for this year. He could also most likely catalogue all the Dirtweek photo's for any of you that need a directory :aj:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
How far will it be for you? Does he have it calculated down to the minute? I can just see him at the gas stops with a stopwatch..."Hurry up, Dad!"

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Gomer we are looking at roughly 23 hours of driving. He hasn't broke it down that finely yet. He did mention possibly missing his last race of the season up here unless he is right in the points race so that we could be at Cooperland when the gates opened Monday instead of late Monday early Tuesday :laugh:

Top Bottom