maddog1927

Dec 25, 2005
Question for Eric Gorr on RCE pipe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Eric,

I race an 01 CR250 in Oval Ice Racing. I was wanting to get the big-bore kit and MoBetta port job for it. Tryce Welch suggested I install a RCE pipe (they claim 65 hp with mild porting and stock ignition). Tryce claims you have worked with this pipe for a flat track application.

Question #1 -
What kind of porting do you suggest for this application?

Question #2-
Would you know who it is that uses this pipe? I would really like to ask him some questions about fitment as it is designed as a kart pipe and will have to be mounted under frame rails.

Thanks in advance

T.R.

silver_fox
View Public Profile
Find all posts by silver_fox
Add silver_fox to Your Buddy List

#2 03-15-2006, 06:16 AM

Eric Gorr

DRN Moderator
Bike(s): CRF500, V-Strom1000, Sherco 290, '77 Maico AW125 Join Date: Jun 1999

Member #: 17225

Cleaning up the stock porting on a 2001 CR250 is adequate timing for the RCE pipe. The pipe is a 2-piece and its only the header that needs 5 cut and rotate welds to fit. Jesse Janisch used that pipe to win the DTX class at the 2003 AMA Amateur Nationals. His father Steve modified the pipe to fit but we don't have any drawings or specs on it.

------------------------------------------------------------------ « t a g » -----
CRF500, Sherco 290, V-Strom, 1977 Maico AW125

T.R.,

Did you ever try the RCE pipe? If so how did it do?

silver_fox

Feb 27, 2006
maddog1927 said:
Question for Eric Gorr on RCE pipe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Eric,

I race an 01 CR250 in Oval Ice Racing. I was wanting to get the big-bore kit and MoBetta port job for it. Tryce Welch suggested I install a RCE pipe (they claim 65 hp with mild porting and stock ignition). Tryce claims you have worked with this pipe for a flat track application.

Question #1 -
What kind of porting do you suggest for this application?

Question #2-
Would you know who it is that uses this pipe? I would really like to ask him some questions about fitment as it is designed as a kart pipe and will have to be mounted under frame rails.

Thanks in advance

T.R.

silver_fox
View Public Profile
Find all posts by silver_fox
Add silver_fox to Your Buddy List

#2 03-15-2006, 06:16 AM

Eric Gorr

DRN Moderator
Bike(s): CRF500, V-Strom1000, Sherco 290, '77 Maico AW125 Join Date: Jun 1999

Member #: 17225

Cleaning up the stock porting on a 2001 CR250 is adequate timing for the RCE pipe. The pipe is a 2-piece and its only the header that needs 5 cut and rotate welds to fit. Jesse Janisch used that pipe to win the DTX class at the 2003 AMA Amateur Nationals. His father Steve modified the pipe to fit but we don't have any drawings or specs on it.

------------------------------------------------------------------ « t a g » -----
CRF500, Sherco 290, V-Strom, 1977 Maico AW125

T.R.,

Did you ever try the RCE pipe? If so how did it do
?

I know this is a very old thread but I will reply anyway.
Yes, I finally picked up an RCE pipe on ebay and had it modified to fit the CR250. The current mount set up is temporary but it works. I'm very pleased with the performance it just keeps revving and builds big power. I havn't had it on a dyno but I talked to Steve Janisch he said it made an 8hp increase Jesse's 99 CR250 which is huge for a bolt on mod.

I tried to post some pictures but the site won't accept the link.

Last edited:

Top Bottom