Mar 10, 2005
I'm about 5' tall, 105 pounds, soon to be 15yrs old. I have had my klx110 for about a year and today was my first day back out riding with my friends. I felt a little big on my bike and was thinking about a bigger bike. I want to have something that will give me speed and power to keep up with my friends' bigger bikes but not over the top. I don't plan to race or anything but I can control my bike pretty good. Are 2 strokes very different from 4 or will I be able to adapt to it after a while?

dirtpoor

Feb 19, 2005
I would suggest a kx100 for your height and weight if you looking for a two stroke. It has an exhaust power valve to help improve low end. Still not quite as much low end torque as a four stroke but simple sprocket changes can help alot. I also like the effect of a 10 oz. flywheel weight. The kx100 only weighs 150 lbs, excellent suspension and adjustment, and will totally haul @$$ compared to any 4 stroke offroad/trail bike. I've got one for sale. Bought brand new in Dec. only two gallon of gas through it. It's a 2005 model. Got for my nephew but he was just too big for it- 5'-9" and 170 lbs. I'm about the same size and it will haul my butt around just fine. It just feels too small for me because of the smaller frame. I got a kdx200 and i believe the kx100 might outrun or certainly keep up with the 200 in straight wide open area. :nod: And when you factor in the fact that you weigh 60 lbs less, its only going to be quicker! Where are you located?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
It depends what two-stroke. A motocross bike is way different from a trail bike. The first time you hit the powerband you will probably loop out. Now, something like a KDX is a complete different animal. Very smooth, like a four-stroke only it has top end power!

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
foxracing, What kind of riding do you and your friends do? Do your ride a lot of tight trails and hills? If so, I reccomend something like an XR200 (used obviously) rather than the KX100. I don't think you are quite big enough for a KDX200 or 220 which would be the only 2stroke trail bikes I'd reccomend. The reason I say this is that you will find that the KX100 has no low end compared to your 110 that you have now, and it is going to be pretty high-strung for riding trails. Now, it will probably dust your friends on any straight strectch, though. Just my 2 cents.

Mar 10, 2005
There are some hills and what not but mostly trails. There are a bunch of trails on lower ground and theres a bunch on top level ground. So obviously we have to go up a few hills. How much would this affect the low-end?? I've also been looking at 4 strokes like xr100s and 125s. (drx/klx/ttr) Maybe even the crf150. I have a place about 15 minutes away that I can check out the bikes. I'm kinda leaning to the 4 strokes because it is mostly trail riding and less maintenance for me. Though I want to be an aggressive rider and be comfortable on the bike when handling it.

killerbeez 75

Oct 26, 2004
The ttr 125 is not much more than your 110.The crf 150 and ttr 230 would be a good choice though and even the crf 230.If you want a 2 stroke I would look at the kx and rm 100 or the ktm 105.To me the 2 strokes are very hyper,especially with those cc's.

xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
i think if you listen to half these guys you will land on your ass...it sounds to me like you want to learn to get better but a 100cc 2stroke? it'll be too tall for him at just 5'....and its a long way from his 110. if anything, i say go with an 85. i was about to suggest the xr100 or the 125's too, but then i read that you wanted to get a bit more aggressive. so yea, i definitely think an 85 will suit you fine. the ktm 105 is gonna be too much, trust me.

Y

yzvscr,kx,rm,sx

the 80/85 might be good but... the klx110 has no clutch. So at 5' 105lbs wouldn't the 80/85 be a little much? I woulnt be saying this if the 110 did have a clutch but since it doesnt. (unless you put one on?)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Check out the Honda CRF150F. I forgot that the KLX110 doesn't have a clutch. Learning to use the clutch on an 85 has disaster written all over it.

Top Bottom