Rob84KDX200

Jan 31, 2004
Hi all,

I've always had a sloppy rear brake pedal on my 96 KDX200. Never thought too much about it. I've since removed the pedal, as I was in the middle of replacing my rear brake line. I've found that both pivot holes in the pedal are ovaled out and worn. In particular, the larger of the holes had some sort of sleeve inside, which you can see in the attached pic.

I've tried looking up that part on the Kawasaki website (parts search/diagrams), but without success. Nothing shows up at all that resembles that kind of part.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 224

Rob84KDX200

Jan 31, 2004
Thanks Joe, have a tub of grease at the ready. I'm waiting on a replacement brake pedal, one that is in better condition. Just wondering though if there is meant to be a metal sleeve/pin in place at the large pivot hole.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I don't know on the KDX. Most of the bikes I've seen have a sleeve in the center with seals on the sides. I could be wrong but the one you have looks like it was molested at some point.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
You could probably cobble one together from brass shim stock or maybe even find a bushing in the right size in bronze at the hardware store.

Top Bottom