skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
No, but if you do a search of the forum for MX style rear fenders, you will find out there is an aftermarket rear fender available that is an MX style and a perfect fit.

ACME

Oct 5, 2004
Those pics are great, nice choice on the graphics!
It looks like you upgraded the headlight as well. Wana get rid of the old one? :clue:

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
ACME said:
Those pics are great, nice choice on the graphics!
It looks like you upgraded the headlight as well. Wana get rid of the old one? :clue:

My neibour asked for it, but if he hasn't taken it the next time I go back to the cottage I can send it to you :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So why do you guys want a fender with no light?

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
I have almost never had someone riding behind me in the dark, so I have almost never needed a light on the rear fender.

The stock fender is a good place to hold the fender mounted toolbag, but with a second bike now carrying the tools, I am going to switch to a MX style rear fender on my older bike. I usually let friends ride the older bike, so IF they loop out, it will be less expensive to replace a universal or cut-to-fit KX MX style rear fender.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
When I grow up, I wanna own a REAL bike!! Maybe even a '04 Service Honda CRF450! THEN I could talk smart, be cool and nunn'a my ...well, scatalogical stuff...would even stink!!

Who said anything about mx anyway? They guy lives in Ca-nah-dah..they do things a bit different up there, as they do 'down there' in Oz-land.

And...obviously his fender HAS a light.....so much for that important point.

BTW, 'it's' is a contraction for 'it is' generally. The possessive form has no apostrophy (sic) ;)

Apologies accepted!

Your (sic) welcome, ;)

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
I needed to change out my computer's power supply fan, so I was not able to respond last night. I would like to respond now, though.

Here is the original statement by Okiewan:

"Or is it, you want to make a KDX at least "look" like a MX bike?
The only thing I wonder about is all the KDX'ers that buy a cheap bike (good on trails) and try to make it something it's not. I had one... great bike, for it's purpose, but it'll never be a motocrosser, no matter what you do to it, or dollars you spend.

Hasn't even Freddette bailed on the KDX?"

I mentioned MX style rear fender in my post, so I guess you are, at least in part, speaking to me. Allow me to address your concerns.

1. You stated, "you want to make a KDX at least "look" like a MX bike?". Are you saying that I really want a MX bike, but can't afford it? I am not too concerned with what kind of bike it looks like. You asked, "So why do you guys want a fender with no light?", so I responded. I guess I fell into a trap you set so you could bash a KDX'er.

2. "The only thing I wonder about is all the KDX'ers that buy a cheap bike (good on trails) and try to make it something it's not." This from a guy who buys a Honda XR50 then dumps around a grand into it to "make it into something it's not". If it bothers you so much, go into the KTM forum and bash the EXC and MXC owners for taking their bike on a MX track, plus don't forget to go into the MX based forums and bash them for taking their MX bikes into the woods, desert, etc.

3. "I had one... great bike, for it's purpose, but it'll never be a motocrosser, no matter what you do to it, or dollars you spend." So, it's possible to dump a lot of money into a 50cc child's bike and try to turn it into something else, but no other bike qualifies?

For those who aren't aware, Okiewan (whatever his real name is), is the owner of dirtrider.net. Therefore, it is not just any old guy bashing "KDX'ers", it is the same guy that hopes to profit from people buying a subscription to his forum based website. Since the KDX forum is the largest forum on the dirtrider.net website, I assumed he might not want to offend his largest group of potential paying customers. However, this is not the case.

Okiewan, I would like to sincerely thank you for letting "KDX'ers" know how you really feel about them.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
so you could bash a KDX'er
Dude, you are taking it WAY too seriously... it was meant as a joke. Had I know it would be taken so personally and garnered such a defensive reply, better judgement would have previaled, thus my edit. It seems there are some with VERY thin skins, I'll be sure not to tease anyone ever again, I promise.

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
"Or is it, you want to make a KDX at least "look" like a MX bike?
The only thing I wonder about is all the KDX'ers that buy a cheap bike (good on trails) and try to make it something it's not. I had one... great bike, for it's purpose, but it'll never be a motocrosser, no matter what you do to it, or dollars you spend.

Hasn't even Freddette bailed on the KDX?"

Quote:
"so you could bash a KDX'er"

"Dude, you are taking it WAY too seriously... it was meant as a joke. Had I know it would be taken so personally and garnered such a defensive reply, better judgement would have previaled, thus my edit. It seems there are some with VERY thin skins, I'll be sure not to tease anyone ever again, I promise."

Congratulations on your Senator John Edwards -esque issue dodging and evading tactics.

I don't see any smilies. I did not and do not see it as a joke.

It garnered defensive replies, not just one reply. Perhaps you should be focused not on the replies, but on the opinions of those who already are or might become a potential customer. It is the paying customer who in part funded your big party last week. Though your actions display the fact that you choose to ignore it time and again, you would do well to remember where the money is coming from.

ANYONE could go pay $160 for vBulletin, $120 to get the label removed from the top of the page, then get any company like Webwerkz to host it for a monthly fee. And no it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how little it costs per month to operate the site vs. the number of paying subscribers you have plus ads, even though you act like you are barely getting by so more people will "contribute". THE PEOPLE that post and answer questions are the ones that made and continue to make DRN good enough for you to charge money, not YOU. It is too bad you don't see that or just choose to ignore it.

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
I've had MX bikes, it wasn't my style. I didn't enjoy racing because I need to be in one piece for my real job, so I ditched MX and went back to woods riding.

I put on the "MX style" fender not to look like a motocrosser but to look good. I don't like owning a bike that doesn't have my special touch. From my Triumph to my Honda to my KDX to any of the bikes inbetween.

My KDX has never seen a track nor will it ever see a track. I think the turn signals are an obvious indication of this :p

And I havn't made any attempts to make my KDX something it's not. It's made to be fun, and the only modifications I have done are to make it more fun.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
ugg...

1) As I said, you are over reacting. Not surprising since it was you (if I'm not mistaken) that recently took all your posts to play elsewhere over something someone posted? Your skin is WAY too thin. While the "rub" was poorly executed on my part (thus the removal), you might also want to take a look at how far you've blown it out of proportion.

2) I'd suggest you set-up a site, get it to 80-100 gigs of transfer/mth and a few million page views a month, then come back with some experience so your post on the subject will have some validity.

3) If I did in fact have an opinion about something relating to dirtbikes and felt the need to post it, I would. I'm not exactly known for my tact now am I? If you think I'd be PC to gain subscribers (which are 1% of the membership here), you don't know me.

4) I've said any number of times, and many times before you graced with board with your participation, that the members in fact do make DRN what it is. I simply provide a place for them to gather. Do you really want to argue that?

I really don't have more time to reply to your over-reactions ... it was a joke. I didn't make fun of your race or religion for crying outloud. You of course can carry on, as I'm sure you will.

I guess I'll have to limit my bagging to pumpkin riders. :ohmy:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
It was a joke, maybe not in good taste for fellow KDX'ers, but a joke none the less

Get over it! :moon:

Seems to me we got enough SPOOGE in here, especially with all those deleted posts that rendered many many threads USELESS! :|

just my 2 pennies :ride:

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
Okie:

1. I didn't edit my posts so I could play elsewhere. As you demonstrated, each person can edit his own post(s) as he sees fit, for whatever reason.

2. I don't have to set up a site to know what the price tag says. If you have 40,000 members and 1% are subscribers, then that means 400 people paying $14 or more yearly (depending on level of subscription). According to your facts, that means $466.67 per month (just based on the minimum subscription level) in income from subscribers. It was $160 to buy vBulletin for a year. After a little research, I assume you did not buy the branded free option for $120, so I misspoke earlier. Sorry about that. I don't know what you are paying WebWerkz, but as far as bandwidth, for 80 - 100 GB, it seems to be easily had for $80 on up, with many places offering it on dedicated servers in the $150 per month range. That is what I mean by it is not too hard to figure out how much it costs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making a profit on a great idea. The point was just don't act like you need to raise the prices or act like you are NOT making a profit, when it is pretty obvious that you are. Again, absolutely nothing wrong with making a profit. Anyway, my main point was that you might not want to bash potential cutomers. But, it is your site, so run it how you want. Just understand that one usually can not bash a whole group and not expect someone to comment on it. :-)

3. These are your words: "While the "rub" was poorly executed on my part (thus the removal)..." followed by "If I did in fact have an opinion about something relating to dirtbikes and felt the need to post it, I would." You can't have it both ways. :-)

4. Actions speak louder than words. If you think the people are so great, then perhaps you could treat them that way.

As far as, "You of course can carry on, as I'm sure you will." Why shouldn't I? We each take an opportunity to reply to comments. That's just the nature of discussion.

wibby: I am getting over it. Thanks for the suggestion. :-) As far as me making posts useless, each member can edit his posts as he sees fit. Sorry to offend you.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Don't worry, you have not offended me, my skin is a little thicker than that :nener:

I just wonder how long it will be before you go MENTAL again and EDIT all you posts! :rotfl:

I just think about all the people that have bookmarked posts for future reference, only to find there's nothing there! :|

Who woke Wibby up?????

I had to pee!

Last edited:

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
wibby: OK, you got me. :-) For the record, I edited them, not deleted them. If anyone has a need for info, I'll let you fill them in. :-)!

Wash your hands and go back to bed. :-)

Top Bottom