skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
The purpose of my post was rebuttal for the questions and statements Okie made then deleted. It may well be that California is unique in it's riding culture and tastes in off road enjoyment compared to the rest of the country. Heck even within the state it's that way. SoCal is mainly tracks and desert while NorCal is mainly fireroads and single track woods riding. Still, my exaggeration of % as well as questioning who's buying what bike for which purpose was not intended to be serious. It was to mirror taunting (your deleted post) with taunting in order to demonstrate we can all talk a little smack and make jokes that could be taken the wrong way. Surely you didn't think my post was to be taken any more serious than you intended your deleted post to be taken?
P.S. I retrospect, I think you should have left your post and simply explained, (as you did, thank-you) what your post was meant to convey. Certanly we all aren't thin skinned KDX owners, just slow to be able to tell when someone wants to laugh with us and not at us.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Okiewan said:
Tell me about South Fork, never heard of it. The only places I've ever heard of in Illinois are privately owned.

Check it out HERE It is not 100% state funded but the state helps them alot!

Nice for us woods riders.......

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Well, I think it should be painfully obvious that "da Boss" can post something he has second thoughts about and therefore delete/edit it... unfortunatley someone decided to paste it back up. I had taken it down saying it wasn't a good idea, but still ended-up having to defend it to the extent that it was a poorly executed joke that I realized it would be taken differently than intended.

There are always those who dilike how "the boss" does things and will get great pleasure in taking any opening to bag on or second guess him, something that happens every few months and I'm used to. There's a great example in this thread, it went from a the bad joke to my personal financials (with some wild-ass speculation I might add) in one post, lol. It was as if I had burned a cross in someone's front yard.

So just as you say my posts carry more weight (they shouldn't), it would imply that I'm also stood-up to higher standards, which can be difficult to live up to. If I make a mistake, there are many more to jump on me than "joe forum member". Of course this thread is the only mistake I've ever made, so... (even without smilie the humor in that should be obvious).

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Aw come on Okie.... we ALL need to lighten up! It's all Smack and means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I thought it was funny what you wrote... but then I have some experience with you and it took a little while to get used to your personality. People take me way wrong until they get to know me too! ...."Ain't no thing" :laugh:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Okiewan said:
Well, I think it should be painfully obvious that "da Boss" can post something he has second thoughts about and therefore delete/edit it... unfortunatley someone decided to paste it back up. I had taken it down saying it wasn't a good idea, but still ended-up having to defend it to the extent that it was a poorly executed joke that I realized it would be taken differently than intended.

There are always those who dilike how "the boss" does things and will get great pleasure in taking any opening to bag on or second guess him, something that happens every few months and I'm used to. There's a great example in this thread, it went from a the bad joke to my personal financials (with some wild-ass speculation I might add) in one post, lol. It was as if I had burned a cross in someone's front yard.

So just as you say my posts carry more weight (they shouldn't), it would imply that I'm also stood-up to higher standards, which can be difficult to live up to. If I make a mistake, there are many more to jump on me than "joe forum member". Of course this thread is the only mistake I've ever made, so... (even without smilie the humor in that should be obvious).

Oops! Okie posted to my deleted so to aid clairity to his post, I am adding what I deleted here. Sorry.
Skipro3 said:
One more thing, as Admin - Owner - Da Boss, what you post is going to carry a certain weight to it that a small time member such as myself won't. I know it does with me. If your post would have had some smilely faces and such, then I'm pretty sure I would have understood it as ribbing and banter. But when "Da Boss" makes a pass through the KDX forum to drop a bomb with comments like that, then sits back to watch the fireworks, well....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But when "Da Boss" makes a pass through the KDX forum to drop a bomb with comments like that, then sits back to watch the fireworks, well....
Uh... what are we missing here? That's why I tried to delete it soon after posting it, not sure how I can better spell it out? Maybe you should ask Jason for what his was motivation to bring it back to life? Had I been given the opportunity for my post to remain deleted, said fireworks would have never happened.

Have we hammerd this into the ground well enough yet?

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
So, what are you really saying, and what DO you mean by it? Are you saying that you really mean what I don't understand?
oh, ....and what do you mean by lean back? Are you implying something here about my tail light?

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Regardless of what you have heard about Illinois... there are a few IT jobs here that haven't been exported elsewhere ... This forum is my entertainment throughout the day.... (No TV so no Soaps)and occasionally I may be able to help someone along the way... ;)

ACME said:
Will a 02 KX rear fender bolt right on to 02KDX?
ANYWAY..... In a word....no. :cool:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Okie, do I have to carry you out of here :bang:

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
Wolf: I assume you are addressing me. Can you be more specific on your questions? As far as "lean back, lean back, lean back", it is a lyric from a song.

from skipro3: "But when "Da Boss" makes a pass through the KDX forum to drop a bomb with comments like that, then sits back to watch the fireworks, well...."

from Okiewan: Uh... what are we missing here? That's why I tried to delete it soon after posting it, not sure how I can better spell it out? Maybe you should ask Jason for what his was motivation to bring it back to life? Had I been given the opportunity for my post to remain deleted, said fireworks would have never happened.

What if you had just never said it in the first place?

There is no edit button in real life.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What if you had just never said it in the first place?
Then I would be the mighty infallible one such as yourself?

There is no edit button in real life.
Sure there is.. it's called an apology. I'm really begining to believe you are one of the top 10 drama queen's this site has seen.

There is such a thing as someone saying "I shouldn't have said that" without relentless, never ending CRAP from people such as "JasonWho"... we like to believe that when someone says "I doinked", there are people out there that will accept it and move on.

Apparently, you aren't one of them.

corpblues

Jan 1, 2004
This was much more entertaining than the Bush / Kerry debates!

I've learned a much more from dirtrider.net than I did Bush / Kerry debates. On this site I've learn a lot about riding and Jasonwho has provided me a lot of valuable information.

Let's start a new debate, who is right Bush or Kerry?

Top Bottom