Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I am curious if anyone has suggetions on how to speed up recovery time from muscle soreness.

I raced an enduro Sunday and I am stiff, sore, and bruised!  I have another one this Sunday.  I usually run on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Is this a bad idea when I am sore?  Should I just take it easy?

Eat bananas like a monkey?
smile.gif

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Offroadr - Drink a 1/2 case of beer every night, forget about working on your bike. Every meal eat McDonalds 1/4-pounders with extra-large fries and coke. Pour out 3/4 of the coke and fill it with Jim Beam. Stay up late watching old movies, go to bed around 4 A.M. wake up late for work and skip breakfast. Shift gears Saturday night, don't eat dinner, drink a whole case of beer instead. Don't go to bed, stagger around until sign-up, forget how to program your computer, throw-up just before your row leaves...wait a minute, you don't race 200 B, never mind!

See ya Sunday,
WoodsRider

Dec 23, 1999
Can you say old age? Drink plenty of water give your muscles a day or two then start exercising again. As long as your just sore and did't hurt anything.

------------------
Dennis                                            Col Oh
99husqvarna wr250

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
Stretch before your race extensively, and then AFTER also.&nbsp;&nbsp;Stretch well, when the muscles are tighter.&nbsp;&nbsp;Get in the hot tub after the race for an hour.&nbsp;&nbsp;(or do not exceed 15 minutes if you have a history of heart disease, or are pregnant.&nbsp;&nbsp;Exit the tub if feeling dizzy or lightheaded) Get a backrub from a lovely lady.&nbsp;&nbsp;Excercise monday instead of tuesday to work the sore muscles.&nbsp;&nbsp;You want to keep the blood flowing throught the sore muscles to clean out the acid (not lactic but....) that makes you sore.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Well Woodsrider that was good for a laugh!&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks!

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Woodsrider:&nbsp;&nbsp;I do know of one person that went to a bachelor party saturday night and spent part of the enduro heaving on the side of the trail!&nbsp;&nbsp;Can you say stupid!

No Buttonfly I don't think I am pregnant!

You guys are full of great advice!
smile.gif

Dec 23, 1999
offroadr one other thing when you go out jogging swing by the old peoples home and get some ben-gay they carry it in industrial strength, 55 gal drums. I know.

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
In addition to the great tips already posted don't forget to get a good night's sleep.&nbsp;&nbsp;That's when most of the recovery takes place.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also soaking sore body parts in cold water for short periods of time alternating with hot water, (but always ending with cold), works great for me.

------------------
'99 WR400F
'00 Hayabusa

"What did that red X mean?"

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
slowpokedennis... we could smear a lot of competitors jock straps with 55 gallons of ben-gay.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you are as slow as me this might be our only way to get trophies
smile.gif

sgt.timko

Mar 14, 2000
Just ride some more - I've noticed that, like Buttonfly said, if you exercise the day after - even with sore muscles - the pain subsides and your muscles get used to the beating they are taking.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

------------------
-------------
Tim Smith
'00 KDX220
"How do you spell relief??"

Dec 23, 1999
Hey Button I don't think I would want to get caught running a round the pits at a race playing with jock straps.Somebody might start spreading rumors.&nbsp;&nbsp;

------------------
99husqvarna wr250

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
&nbsp;&nbsp;I've never raced before but I do snowboard and I know that after my first trip I was really sore for the next week. But as I went more and more I wasn't as sore afterwards until it got to the point where I wasn't sore at all. I'm not sure if this helps but whatever.

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
Sgt. Timko:&nbsp;&nbsp; WHO AHHH
slowpokedennis:&nbsp;&nbsp;You are probably right... besides, with the way I ride they could probably do their laundry, get ready again, come out, and still beat me before I finished...&nbsp;&nbsp;At least with moto there were people all over the track and it was harder to tell who is winning... but then they started timing me with a sundial...&nbsp;&nbsp;

Dec 23, 1999
Buttonfly. You sound like my kind of rider.

------------------
99husqvarna wr250

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
slowpoke... maybe we could have a "slow race".&nbsp;&nbsp;Kind of like the DMV test for your street license.&nbsp;&nbsp;Slowest wins... but then I would be crushed beneath my WR when it landed on me after I fell over... "I CAN"T FEEL MY LEGS, I CAN"T FEEL MY LEGS! I'VE FALLEN, AND I CAN'T GET UP".&nbsp;&nbsp;

Sgt... you are the Sgt...&nbsp;&nbsp;hooohaaa? woooahhh? woo hah?&nbsp;&nbsp;broughaha? Aim High? Full Speed Ahead? Semper Phi? Not sure... I just work here...&nbsp;&nbsp;

Dec 23, 1999
Button I went to a race once and they told me next time I had to enter in the pw50 class. Said I might have a better chance of finishing in the top ten.

------------------
99husqvarna wr250

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Slowpoke: have you actually seen kids on PW50's???
Damn, they're good.
Maybe PW50's with slicks?
For racing over here, I'd have to race against the PW50's & other baby bikes, just because I'm a female. Never mind they'd kick my butt so hard.
I think the baby quads I might get ahead of (the LT50's) but then only just hehehe.

Seriously though, after a hard day's riding, the next day the best thing to do is go for a long walk or something, just to stretch the muscles back into place.

I wouldn't do full-out exercise, just a milder sort (but that's me - lazy) to stop the muscles seizing totally (old age does this too)
Michelle

Top Bottom