Reed valve spacers- Gimmic or Improvement?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I have been looking at Reed valve spacers and am interested if they really produce a valid result or are they just a gimmic? I had one on a 00' Yz125 I had, but I put it on at the same time as I changed gearing and would not have been able to tell.

Anyone have any experience with these?

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
what it does is increases the volumetric efficiency in your crankcase and might alter your primary compression i have heard of it being done after you stuff the crank

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
How much digging on the subject have you done? There's a ton of info available. Also perhaps you are expecting too much from changes. Bikes are pretty much as good as they will get for the most part and everything is fine tuning.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
My apologies gentlemen. I must have not entered it right. I didn't come up with much productive.

That link was exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I will look harder next time. ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
flynbryan said:
My apologies gentlemen.

No apology needed, I just wanted to point out that there are some real gems lurking in the old posts.

Before this place was overrun by illiterate mouth breather high school kids, there were some pretty interesting technical posts out here. ;)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Oh I remember. I've been a member since 00' and though this place doesn't get as much traffic as some of the other sites it is VERY helpful. I LIKE the fact that it doesn't get as much traffic. It keeps the useless rambling down and the helpful info up. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Too bad most of the traffic is static but alas we can't always live in the good old days ;)

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:
Before this place was overrun by illiterate mouth breather high school kids, there were some pretty interesting technical posts out here. ;)

That must of been about the time that I came around...

:boss:

Top Bottom