endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Let's see here, what can I add to this Mother of all Threads. Maybe some High/Lowlights.
Highlights include the bitchen riding. Mom Nature gave us a great weekend what with the rain and all. We have desert in Oregon but right now it's a bit chilly. Even the grip heaters can't keep your fingers from freezing and your nose from falling off during the Oregon winter.
Another highlight was meeting all of you or at least meeting most of you, good bunch of folks.
The timing was good too but it sounds like I missed a REALLY GOOD National Enduro at Coalinga on the 17th. Three quarters of the entrants didn't finish due to the extremely muddy conditions, ohhhhhhh.
The non riding activities were great too, especially during our last breakfast at the Peppermill when we exchanged puke stories while scarfing a large breakfast after drinking all night. I laughed so hard but my head was in a tizzy. :eek:
Boneheads story tells it all for both of us but don't think that just because we stayed in the same room he calls me Endow.:scream:
Prediction: MXBundy and Kelly will buy a KTM soon.
I'm finally back online with a new server and email, hope to see you in Vegas. Cheers, Endoquest.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
It has started...

On my camera, I had only a few pics remaining on the roll (unknown to me at the time). I didn't take a single pic on Saturday, so Sunday I brought it with me wherever I went. I got one of the pig, which was a priority, moonrocks, the kid climbing the hill, thumbs going after him to help after he crashed halfway, one of FarmerJohn's CR, one of the valley & distant mountains and one of GSR building her fire with NO ONE ELSE IN THE SHOT.... I ran out of pics soon after. Zia is out of town at the moment, and hasn't seen them yet.

I had them out on the counter at home for everyone to look at, and my sister is thumbing through and asks "Who's the chick?" Oh for crying out loud. Apparently I'm going to get a beating from my wife when she sees it too. Geeze, what on earth is wrong with women?

Anyone else have this kind of life? :uh:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Just tell her you don't know, just some crazy pyro that wandered into camp, walking around in circles, muttering to herself insisting on seeing if she could blow herself to pieces. You just had to get a picture. ;) You would be entirely lying. :confused:

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Originally posted by Bonehead
The Sunday ride started out with 20 plus riders heading out to see Strick's pig I have never seen a guy so happy to show off a dead pig. When we were looking at the dead pig the rest of the pack never showed up. Strick headed back to see what happened and hear comes G.S.R. Telling us that DirtyDave, had crashed bad and to come back. Well we ride back to the crash zone to find DirtyDave back on his feet and wanting to continue the ride. You could tell that it was a bad crash by the way the ground was tour up for about 20 yards. DirtyDave finally gets the big Husky going and I take off behind him. We go about 1/4 mile down the whoops and DirtyDave pulls to the side. The first thing I thought was the crash cought up with him but it was only that he forgot to tern his gas back on . I think he had to kick that Husky 50 times to get it started. Off again ,down the fast whoops on a trail that lead back to the Moon rocks. At this point all the gals bailed off and DirtyDave was so tired from kicking that Husky he headed back also.
Thanks for the additional info on my crash...I have zero, zip, nada recollection of the crash or what caused it. It was very reassuring to see the crowd of great DRN'ers when the vision cleared. The bruises are beginning to fade from my left hip but strange ones continue to appear on my left shin/ankle area. I'll be ready for Elkin's Flat in April and hopefully have the husky tuned so that the riding wears me out instead of kicking the bike to restart.:confused:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Re: It has started...

Originally posted by zio
Anyone else have this kind of life? :uh:

yep....... Married women see every other woman as a threat for some reason. We can discuss over beers at the Wild Piglet - just make sure my wife is out of ear shot.

Brian

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Thanks

Now that the event is two weeks old and everyone has posted their experiences, Mimi and myself would like to thank each and everyone of you for coming. We both really enjoyed ourselves during your stay here.

The items that are of importance to me in helping out with this are first and foremost that everyone had a safe trip to and fro, and no one had to use the hospital map. That really makes me feel good.

I am of course very glad also that the now famous "MoonRocks", met or exceeded everyone's expectations.

The other thing that I find hard to believe, but is also fantastic, no bickering. Everyone really seemed to enjoy each other.

Each year I hope to be able to spend more time with each of you. This year I got to know more people, and some people better.

Someday I hope Okie, and maybe more of the 'staff' so to speak join in.

Most of all though, everyone, we have to thank Okie. HE and he alone made this possible, so OKIE --> THANK YOU!!

Strick

Top Bottom