Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
so where is the listof all the brave souls going to Reno?.... just curious ...

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
At this point brave is a good word.

I have about 30" of snow in my yard and it is still falling HARD!

Folks - the 5th annual may not take place until 2006. If we get warm temps over the next few weeks we will be fine, but we (MRANN) have already cancelled our first race of the season that was slated for the first weekend in February.

Stay tuned!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I was wondering what the forecast is . . . doubtfully not good enough to hope it may all melt by then. :(

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
We were coming down to the US to get out of the snow,not ride in it!We have a great deal up here this year and its not showing any signs of slowing down. :pissed: Keep us posted.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Strick,
Is Moonrocks at the same elevation as you? What Im diggin at, is if it snows there more or less than in town, or is it just hit or miss like most places?

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Walt, this should answer your question :yikes: h

"The string of moisture-laden storms has dropped up to 19 feet of snow at elevations above 7,000 feet since Dec. 28 and 6½ feet at lower elevations in the Reno area. Meteorologists said it was the most snow the Reno-Lake Tahoe area has seen since 1916"

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I say we go at least a week or two before beginning to offically beginning to panic. :)

Reno's forecast show's 40 and showers over next couple of days. MoonRocks ride is still 6 weeks away....

By then, it could be dry and dusty... or Strick will be leading the 1st Annual MoonRocks Donner Party Ride.... :nener:

Hang in there, Strick! :cool:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Keep us posted, Strick, as we'll need to make a decision on the Midwest bike haul (IL to NV). Hopefully you'll be able to make a good call about 1-2 weeks before the ride.

Our airfare is booked, so we'll be there regardless. Anyone wanna go skiing? :debil:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
nikki said:
Anyone wanna go skiing? :debil:
Skiing is EVIL :p

I was thinking the same thing Nik. Even if it turns out riding won't be possible I would probably still go just to hang out with my buds.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Call us nuts... but we will probably show up with the bikes regardless.

The Ant :ride: keeps going on about wanting to ride in the snow. Sounds like this will be the opportunity. :)

-- rb

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm not so sure . . . I can both snowboard and ride in the snow right here in WA . . . but I may be up for an adventure. We shall see.

NEOregon

Jan 24, 2004
We went riding in the snow last Saturday. Katy said it was good practice for Moonrocks. Hopefully the snow will melt by then. If it doesn’t, what is the possibility of moving the date to March or early April? In any case, please keep us posted of what conditions are like

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I'm not going to panic yet. We have PLENTY of time yet. But if the snow sticks around, maybe I'll just go sking instead.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Well there are spots to ride to the south of us, but it is 1 1/2 hours southeast of Reno. If the temps will just get back to normal we will be fine. Up high on the mountains though - will NOT be rideable unless we hit the 60's.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Strick said:
Well there are spots to ride to the south of us, but it is 1 1/2 hours southeast of Reno. If the temps will just get back to normal we will be fine. Up high on the mountains though - will NOT be rideable unless we hit the 60's.

C'mon... heat wave! :yeehaw:

boos

Apr 26, 2003
Hello again, this is heather lewis and I am planning on coming again this year and looking forward to having a great time as I did last year.

I am bringing two gals along with me.

See you soon,
Heather

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Howdy Heather!

Susan still raves about your impromptu "riding clinic" last year. :cool:

She keeps going on about having "some business to clear up..." with a hill climb on the back side. (grin)

Look forward to riding with you some more! - RandyB

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
boos said:
Hello again, this is heather lewis and I am planning on coming again this year and looking forward to having a great time as I did last year.

I am bringing two gals along with me.

See you soon,
Heather

Hi Heather,

Looking forward to riding with you again! :ride:

Will and Jen

NEOregon

Jan 24, 2004
Heather:

Glad you plan to attend again this year. I know Katy will be thrilled to see you again and learn from you again. :yeehaw: Hopefully the weather will cooperate and this year can be as good as last year.

What "test bike" will you be riding this year?

We are both looking forward to riding with you and all of our "Reno" friends again. Can't wait

Alan and Katy

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Strick said:

1 1/2 hours! That will get you to the edge of the city limits in some directions here in the Metromess.

I can't wait. The pile has already begun to grow in the living room.

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
ummm, question. I plan on getting to Peppermill mid-Friday. I won't know anyone there, and this is my first time attending. Is there some general plan of attack to hook up with people? I can't believe it's almost here. Melt snow melt!

Top Bottom