Reno trip again next year?

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Dave, I have had discussions with some of the other riders regarding this 'meeting area' Saturday morning. I (we) have decided to give everyone maps on how to get to Moonrocks from the Peppermill. That way no one is on someone else's time schedule. I will be handing out maps at the dinner Friday, or when I meet up with each of you when we store your bikes

This post is meant for everyone to read and heed (so to speak).

:aj:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Wahoooooooo!!!!!!!! I'm signing off for the day. See you people tomorrow night! If, for some bizarre reason, anyone wishes to get ahold of us on the road, my cell# is (559) 287-4069 We'll be pullling out of Santa Cruz around 10:30, with a quick stop in Santa Clara (Thanks, again, FJ) and pulling in to Reno who knows when. :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm TRYING to leave work so I can get on the road but it's not happening . . . see you guys all tomorrow night! Woo-hoo!

Cool new smilies, by the way, I had to use that one!

:moon:

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
Wow, what a thread, took ~2hrs. to read, for a ride I have NO chance of going on:(
Hope you are all having heaps of fun. :)

B

biglou

That's right, go ahead. Have your fun...

See if I care.:moon:

Seriously, you guys and gals have a great time. Everyone have a safe trip and have a safe ride(s). There had better be pictures when this is over. Just don't everybody look so dang happy in them, okay?
Have fun.:cool:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
They're Coming

Some of the riders are here. A couple already made a trip out to the Moonrocks already. Porta potties in the AM, along with many riders hitting the trails. I am going to try to sneak in a quick one too.

Two of the three courses are marked. Pink ribbon on the beginner loop. How appropriate for the Valentine's Day Spodefest.

I want to thank Ricky1 for all his help and support. He is one great guy!

Big Lou -- get on a plane. I'll go buy a bike for you to ride. I'm serious!!

You have to leave the bike with me when you leave though ;)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I've been following this thread from day one. I hope you all have a great time, and it deeply saddens me that I can't make it--maybe next year.

The SoCal Crew will be well represented though. You guys had better post some pretty good ride reports!

BTW, what is this thing?:aj:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Looking forward to the ride reports!

Want me to set up a gallery for photo's???

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
That would be great Okie. I am getting a count together now, including locals. I think we had 80+. We had out of towners show up that have never even signed on to DRN, because of word or mouth. I'll bet they sign on now:cool:

I won't post a ride report. I am goint to wait to read what the rider's have to say. I think my report may be loaded with PORK ;) :eek: :mad:

The rider's will know what that means.

Strick

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
It is....

Have you broached the subject with the wife yet? I can here it now - "Honey, I really need one of those KTM 200MXC (or EXC?) - it was sooo much safer in the whoops than my DR350S. If you really worry about my safety while I'm out riding you'll take me to Ukiah tomorrow and buy me one."

Brian

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Jail??

Hey Sharla (Firecracker22), are you out of jail yet???

We sure missed you!

Strick

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
DougM is now "The Tortoise"

Who wears an armour shell on his back
Carry's water in a pack
Usually rides in the back (except for "The Ant")
Slower than a speeding snail (This is not you Endoqwest)
and reads his Email
Well the Tortoise, of course.

I enjoyed meeting some of you ( there were too many to meet all). Everyone I met was real nice. The riding was fun. I hope next time you guys bring your rug rats like BrianC and Me (rhyming again). I would of ridden with the next group ride on Sunday but my leg hurt (poor baby). I intend to come up in a few weeks, I'll call Strick to see if he is free, to ride some more. No kids this time. Don't get me wrong, I love to ride with my kids and they are what got me into this sport. Anyone who will want to join me send your Email. I have some of them but not all.

The Tortoise
Formally "DougM"

Can I say Endoqwest Endoqwest Endoqwest .... See I have it in my mind now. And you might of thought I was a Bonehead. No offense Bonehead. Now that I can remember your handle Endoqwest I forgot your name: Jim, Adam, etc.

wtrskigrl

Feb 20, 2002
I had so much fun and thanks to Kiwi for the riding tips and making me pick up my bike. I can tell that I have to have respect for that bike, but eventually I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I'm sure everyone that rode my bike that weekend had fun with it (scott/tony). I probably could of sold some KTM's that weekend. I can't wait until the next trip. Hats of to strik! My fellow KTM rider.

trlrdr

Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
It is....

Have you broached the subject with the wife yet? I can here it now - "Honey, I really need one of those KTM 200MXC (or EXC?) - it was sooo much safer in the whoops than my DR350S. If you really worry about my safety while I'm out riding you'll take me to Ukiah tomorrow and buy me one."

Brian

I get no respect...

Look, I man handled a pig DR through that terrain and I ain't no young puppy either, so give me a break :cool:

With regards to the purchase, I'm a looong way off from that. Before I even consider getting a 200 I'll want to ride some 250's and 300's for comparison. I have a feeling I'll be unloading the 125 and moving to a 250 eventually.

Top Bottom