Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
A great day at the races. All the top off road riders showed up. Shane Watts was about the only one that was not present.

1. Mike Kiedrowski
2. Destry Abbott
3. Ty Davis
4. Robert Naughton

Ty Davis pulled the wholeshot with Rodney Smith following. After a few turns, Smith passed him. Davis was later passed by Naughton. Naughton and Smith went back and forth for a few laps until Smith had tranny problems and had to retire. Kiedrowski soon caught Naughton, as did Davis and Abbott. I did notice Naughton finishing with a rear flat.

Steve Hatch got a flat somewhere in the first few laps. He fell way behind, but looked really fast after he got going. Too bad he was so far back. Russ Pearson pulled off the track after doing pretty well with mechanical problems. David Pearson rode well on his Team Green KX500. Casselli looked fast the day before but didn't fare too well today.

Just wanted to post this to all that couldn't make it out to Phoenix.

Kirklandrock

Oct 17, 2001
Man, I dont know what it is about those DRZ's but I like the crap out of them..
well I like the way they look is a better way to put it...... But they obviously perform..... been wanting to ride one and see how I like it......

I am fully aware of the fact that the DRZ's that the 'Zuki boys are kickin booty on are FAR FAR from what you would buy off the showroom floor, but just knowing that potential is there is COOL COOL COOL..........
Later

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
You got that right about the DRZ guys. I've never in my life seen a bike so clean and tricked out. They raced the bikes on Sat. and when they were rolled out for Sunday, they looked like new bikes. They had new tires on Sat and again on Sun. I watched one of the mechanics pull off one of those nice Yosh pipes on the bike and replace it with a new one. They old one was exactly the same! I really want to see how the bikes are washed. The only place I found dirt was inside a few phillips screw heads.

BTW, Rodney Smith's dad was really nice to talk with. Curt Casselli's dad was also a joy to talk with.

Top Bottom