whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My racing friend, Danny Shelton and I used to go to a gravel pit, out by Suger Grove? We ran into Bradshaw out practicing also. He was very grateful we were NOT in a class! We did not know about the ama and what not, other than they required money from us to race. That is around the time I severely had a head injury, and a year later, a grand mal seizure. Stopped me for a couple of months, and found out how good the hospitals downtown were/is! We had no issues loading up quickly in Michigan after a race. They used to race a 100 class. We bolted a modded rm125 engine in a 100 frame, just to go smoke Walsworth. It worked, he protested, we hauled butt! Mr. Vincer knew how to run a race track! Hiring the local high school cheer leaders was priceless! I still talk to Eddie Zelasko, he liked the 100 and 500 class. Gerhard was and still is a 500 guy. We thought it would be a good idea to go where Mark went racing, Barnett. He had a smoking hot sister by the way. Some guy I never heard of moved me up to a class, one Bill Tuman, well I remember his son And now I know who Bill is! The ama was going to have a championship, in Tennessee, but the Loretta Lynn and fear of country music put that plan on the fire! My decision to get married in 81 pretty much was dirt on my coffin, to look back, but with out major regrets? Damn't, 50 is coming awful quickly Rich. More memories to come? I truly hope it will be out at the track, and not on the pc!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Damn't, 50 is coming awful quickly Rich. More memories to come? I truly hope it will be out at the track, and not on the pc!

I'm riding every weekend these days, not "racing", but it's hard to tell the difference when you are dicing on a practice track with your friends and the brakes are fading from being used so hard at the end of the straight.;) As long as I'm riding, I'm happy. :cool:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
AJ Waggoner said:
sparland, ,canton

old tracks in my backyard.

Any of you guys race at Sandy Oaks back in the day?

I was just there a couple weeks ago playing around.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom