a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Tell me why you would transport your bike with the silencer/muffler plug still seated in the hole it was designed for?? Curiosity nearly killed me once but this I gotta know.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Elk, it is to keep engine gnats out. A better question would be how many people have tried to start their bike, and kicked their azz off to find the plug still in?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have been witness to one of them blasting out also. Good thing its rubber, and some genius has not decided to make one out of billet aluminum, and anodized of course, red.

B

biglou

Just as general practice, I leave mine in until I've kicked the bike over a few times. It's also the only practical place to display the "remove before flight" banner. Cuz I never know when someone who can actually ride might want to borrow my bike! :)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Cause idiots wonder about asinine things like this. You're such a butt plug Carlos! No wonder you wonder about things like this.... :moon:

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I saw Elk's dirtbike in the back of his pick-up.The hole plugs where in place ,butt it wasn't one of those "remove before flight"kind.His was a white satin streamer flapping in the wind.It had something printed on it but I could not make out out......

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Chili said:
You'd rather it be seated in a hole it wasn't designed for?
that's where Carlos keeps his, when he doesn't have the plug that's designed for the hole he's seated on . . .

Scooterb

Dec 9, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Elk, it is to keep engine gnats out. A better question would be how many people have tried to start their bike, and kicked their azz off to find the plug still in?

Did just that the first week I got my plug, kickin my arse off, gas runnin out of the bike, sweatin and cussin.......then my 8 year old son says Daaaad what about this :bang:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
Tell me why you would transport your bike with the silencer/muffler plug still seated in the hole it was designed for?? Curiosity nearly killed me once but this I gotta know.

Let me esplain' it to ya in a technackle way that you will understand. :cool:

When ya transport your bike without the plug, you take the chance of getting ca-ca up your blowhole. :yikes: When ca-ca gets in your blowhole it can get all the way up into your clean place where the shiny aluminum thingie goes up and down. :whoa: That's bad. Very, very bad. :nod:

If anyone wants one of those plugs, there are about six of them on the hillside in front of my house. Don't ask me how they got there. :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You are stupid Terry, I transport my bike facing forward, silly man. Does the hole cause a reverse vortex or sumthin?

Twinkle Twinfart, you are as stupid as Terry, who is as stupid as Pred The Sled.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
a454elk said:
You are stupid Terry
You might want to listen to him, Terry. After all, he is a demonstrated authority on the subject of being stupid.

Ironically, li'l ole Wardy couldn't start his 500 with a plug, but hulking AJ started his and almost shot Fredette with the plug.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
You are stupid Terry,

Twinkle Twinfart, you are as stupid as Terry, who is as stupid as Pred The Sled.

HA! :laugh: Is that all ya got? :nener:

Gomer.
It's not the size of the kicker that matters. It's a very carefully balanced formula of leakage and sealage in the exhausting system. :whoa: With a completely sealed exhausting system the bike will not start. With a very leaky
exausting system the plug will not blow. It has to have the correct balance of sealage and leakage for the bike to start and build enough pressure to blow the plug. If you start your bike and it sounds exceptionally quiet for the first couple of minutes, don't stand behind it. :yikes:

Using the streamer is not advised for two reasons. Ok, actually three reasons.

1. The streamer slows the heighth and distance of the projectile.

2. The streamer reminds you to take the projectile out of the pipe before you start the bike. Therefore, you have no excuse for shooting your riding buddy with the plug.

3. If you use the rainbow colored streamer like elk uses, it looks very gay and people will point and laugh at you on the freeway. ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That's stupid.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
GWS = Gay White Streamer = YOU are driving mood.

GRS = Gay Rainbow Streamer = I AM driving mood.

RHS = Red Hetro Streamer = I like women today mood.

Top Bottom