DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Every year people have shown interest in going to the 500 to ride and we haven't had a way to do it (legally) without having people buy a $25 yearly permit. I spoke to the president of Stillwater Trailriders and he helped arranged some special event permits. What this means is that for $5 you can go one time with a club member.

The 500 has what is called the blue loop and it is the more open "Quad" trail and the red loop is 20+ miles of single track that loops in and out of the blue trail.

The time: Noon Wednesday September 29th.

I will be at Cooperland earlier in the week bringing firewood and will set up something with Okie under the tent so that you can fill out the forms in advance. Randy (Motohead 00) has agreed to organize the group at Cooperland in case I am unable to come out that morning. I may have to work a while.

At the very least there will be two of us to serve as guides, possible three.

Questions asked:

1) Right now I can't remember the best the name of the gravel/dirt roads to get there but figured I better post this asap.

2) I will also bring some of the regular forms in case someone wants to sign up to use it all week. It's $25.

3) Riding your motorcycle over there is frowned upon

If you have any other questions ask away. Derek

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
DWreck.... send me a PM quick!!! The Malcom ride is Wednesday lots of the woods people are going to be wanting to do that too. I am signed up for it as well. Anyway to re-schedule so as not to interfere?

Randy

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Yeah, make it Tuesday or Thursday or SOMETHING! I'm already signed up to ride w/Malcolm, and I sure don't wanna miss that. But the 20+ miles of singletrack sounds sweet too!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
How about Thursday at 3:30? I have a softball game at 7:30 or 8:30 that night but that should be plenty of time. Is that better for everyone?

Last edited:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
DWreck said:
How about Thursday at 3:30? I have a softball game at 7:30 or 8:30 that night but that should be plenty of time. I that better for everyone?

Derek.... whatever works for you really. I sent you a PM. YOU need to enjoy DW how YOU want to, so if we can squeeze a ride in sometime at the 500, GREAT! :aj: If not, I will be more than happy with the riding at Cooperland. Thanks for at least trying and we will see what we can do.

PS.... Don't hurt yourself playing softball so you can't ride. :moon:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Softball? Isn't that kinda dangerous? :)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Not as dangerous as soccer. Maybe tx246 can chime in but I swear he spends more time injured from kicking a ball around a field than he does riding. Don't even get me started on indoor soccer. That's just crazy man.

Just so I don't totally veer off topic I'd like to try out the 500 if possible, but don't put yourself out.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I would be interested in going if its arrainged for a day later then Weds. because I'll just be getting there on Weds and doing the Malcom ride. Either way I know I'll be having a blast. :yeehaw:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
D Lafleur said:
What if your motorcycle has a plate?

If it has plates it should be legal. I just don't want a bunch of bikes without plates running up and down the road. Everyone in town associated with the 500 has put this in my hands so if any problems arise during Dirt Week I'll be the one tarred and feathered. :ohmy: So behave yourselves!

Funny thing about this Softball stuff is I have been running for the last year, lifting weights and riding quit a bit and I can't believe how sore I was after the first practice. Might have something to do with having not thrown a ball in three years.

Is everyone agreeing to 3:30 Thursday? I'll be at Cooperland all day so I can lead the Caravan to the 500.

Last edited:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It won't work for me. I'm scheduled for the COTT race at 4. But don't change anything just for me. I'll have a fun time no matter what. :cool:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Look for a card board box labeled 500 on it under the big top. There should be two folders inside. One will have yearly membership forms in it ($25) One has the special event forms in it for the Thursday 3:30 ride ($5). It's an either or thing. In other words if you decide you want a yearly membership its $25 and you can go as often as you want and don't need to fill out or pay extra for the Thursday ride. There will also be a box inside the box that you can put your payment in or just look me up.
Thanks, Derek

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom