riding across top of deep water????

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Went to Staples once, only to have it canceled by rain. Coulda been an oppertunity to try this technique out.

Hey Jesse, see you at Kellogg the 27th and maybe the 24th for practice?

MN (would rather be a CR'er) KDXer
rolling_eyes.gif
I might have to try one of dem thar Haw Scwables.

------------------
-Ryan
'00 CR 125

Jesse

Aug 29, 1999
Maybe. I talked to the dealer yesterday and he said the bike should be in on monday or tuesday and it will take a full day to put together, for some odd reason. If I am lucky I might be able to pick the bike up Wednesday and throw in the MX-Tech suspension before Thursday, but I dont know about that. Im thinking the Saturday practice might be more realistic to go to. All would be good if they would just let me bring the bike home in the crate.

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
Ryan-
You just might like HS, give it a try sometime. Next HS is in Brainerd on 9/3. Go race at Staples on Monday afterwards. btw, No need for CR's around my house. However, KTM or GasGas, you betcha!!

Jesse-
Which bike are you getting? If it's a CR125, forget the MX Tech thing. Just save your cash and go racing!! The CR has NICE suspenders in stock form. The neighbor kid has a 2000 CR125. Actually, all the 125's suspensions are pretty nice. I really liked the KX (but hate the engine), the RM is just fine w/ a GREAT powerband, the YZ I have never ridden. :)

------------------
Vet A Enduro & Hare Scrambles Rider
Hey, I USED to be fast!

Jesse

Aug 29, 1999
If I didn't have the valves and springs already, I would probably forget about it. I am getting the CR and it is supposed to be here either today or tomorrow, so I hope to have it Wednesday. The dealer says it takes a full day to put together. What do they have to put on? fender? wheel? handlebars?

Jesse

Aug 29, 1999
No, I don't really want to get rid of them now that I have them and they are paid for. I want to be confident that I have the best suspension on the market. I just hope my bike gets here in time so that I don't need to ride a stock bike at Kellogg.

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
Jesse-
"don't want to ride a stock bike..." Sheez, kids these days are picky!! ;)

I think you may be under-estimating the capabilities of your stock bike's suspension. Unless you are a 120 lb women's class rider, or a good A rider, the stock suspension will work pretty darn good.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to say the CR cannot be made better, nor discourage you from improving your bike. However, if you get on that CR and crank it up, you WILL like it. The neighbor kid has been kicking butt all summer in 125B with his stock 00 CR125.

I'd suggest for you to reconsider and think about buying some things for the CR that you REALLY need at your skill level (125C, I assume), like- 755 or 756 tires, aluminum bars, o-ring chain, & Boyesen reeds; in that order. A steering damper wouldn't be bad either. Oh yeah, and crack open a can or two of whoop-a$$ once in a while, too! ;)

Have fun with that new bike!! :)

------------------
Vet A Enduro & Hare Scrambles Rider
Hey, I USED to be fast!

Jesse

Aug 29, 1999
Actually since you mentioned it I am a 120lb weakling spode in the C class :) I also have new FMF 909 bars, new M58, grips, backgrounds, numbers etc. to get me racing on Sunday. It looks like I might be riding a stock bike because the dealer said it will probably be Friday before I can pick it up, and I will be practicing all day on Saturday. And I will be kicking @$$ on Sunday in the 125C and 16-24C class. :D

teaz247

Jun 27, 2004
Ok Guys The Teaze Has Got To Step In...........i Have Seen All The Crusty Tapes And I Know For Fact It Can Be Done My Buddy Does It All The Time On His Cr250....
Besides If Anyone With Half A Brain Would Watch The Vidoe Again They Would Notice The Jet Skis In The Background Picking Up The Riders That Didnt Makeit! One Other Not The Water Has To Be Smooth Not Choppy Or Else The Bike Starts To Hop Witch = Sinkage! Remember The Guy Who Turned His Bike Upside Down And Said "in With The Good Air Out With The Bad" While Spinning The Back Wheel And Pumping The Engine Dry?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Wow a 4 year old thread brought back from the depths of the DRN archives :laugh: Yes of course it can be done if you need more current proof check out Kevin Windham in "Crush" here is a LINK to a trailer which shows a small section of the water crossing.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
man i gotta find me some water.... and try this out.. when i get a bike that is. hopefully next month with some payments close behind.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
if you want to see a cool pic of someone from DRN doing the hydromove, check out mx547. do a search in his pictures. i took the picture. yes, i got wet. tapped in 5th on a cr250. 150ft easy. you can get hurt. a guy with us on a quad shorty after i took this picture got a serious shoulder injury. a banshee flying across the water. his front tires bounced and the bar went right. the quad came back down at an angle. result was a stoppie at 50mph. problem was he was in 8 inches of water at the very end of the run. he went over the bars and the quad drilled him.

Top Bottom