JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
g'day i've been riding for around 13years but just around my property never really racing or any thing. However i've just started to head towards motocross and i recently bought a pair of boots.The problem iam having is as i've never warn boots while riding before is that i cant seem to change gears properly :bang: . Does any one have any tips how to over come this problem or to get use to wearing boots

JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
Riding Advice Wanted

g'day i've been riding for around 13years but just around my property never really racing or any thing. However i've just started to head towards motocross and i recently bought a pair of boots.The problem iam having is as i've never warn boots while riding before is that i cant seem to change gears properly :bang: . Does any one have any tips how to over come this problem or to get use to wearing boots

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
LOL!!!!.....its been many years since I came across this problem. It happens to everyone when they get their first pair of decent boots. Persist with them they will break in a little....you will adjust some.....and then you'll wonder how you ever lived without them. Trust me a bit of riding time with them will sort it out.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You may need to adjust the shift lever up one spline to get your larger "foot" under it, now. I was taught to run the shifter even with, or maybe just a hair above, the top of the footpeg.

Feb 20, 2004
to get used to them never take them off when ur around your house or working on your bike or anywhere u feel comfertable wearing them once they get broken in they will be like wearing regualar shoes lol mabye thats just me

JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
i'am from Western Sydney Grinch, and yeah as some of you have metioned i do have fairly big feet around US13 but i think i will try and move the shifter up one spline

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Im in Sydney too near Parramatta. Ive got a US14 sized hoof and had to cut and extend the brake and gear lever so its comfortable to ride with. A welding or muffler place should do it for you. It only needs to be about 10-20mm longer.

JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
Yeah i am not far from paramatta i am at rouse hill near catsle hill, yeah first ill wear them in and move it up a spline but if it doesnt work ill take your advice and chop, extend and weld it. thanx for the advice

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
my advice would be to try many pairs of boots on before you buy some. my first pair of boots sucked i couldnt do any thing in them and they were uncomfortable had them for about three years and hated them the whole time. the pair i got just 2 months ago are MSRs they are made by alpinestar and i liked them better on my first ride than i liked my old ones (AXO) the whole time i owned them. and the new ones are so comfortable. i also bought some of those giant ridding boot socks with them mabey that helped.

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
My boots are pretty tall in the toe area so I had to move my shifter up 2 splines, they are starting to get broken in so I probally gonna move it down one more but its still a bit above the peg.

Top Bottom