beach

Oct 28, 2001
need help.recently purchased 96 rm250.runs great but plug fouls if idled for a short time or if in slow trails.i do not race but ride a course and alot of riding on the farm.appreciate any info.i am waiting for the manual but it won't be here for two weeks.thanks.jbmc

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
rm

I do not have exacty jetting specs but an suzuki service department can look it up in their service manual. I had a 97 ,98 and 99. and had a friend with a 96 I never fouled a single plug in any of mine. but have seen people foul many plugs if you run the wrong ones. You should always run a BR8EG or BR8EV if you run b8es or similar they WILL foul. Let me know your elevation and I may be able to help the 96 seemed to run good at sea level with the stock jetting so call your local service department. Also make sure you run a good oil at around 50:1. I run Red Line at 70:1 with no problems.

Nathan
01 cr 250

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Re: rm

Originally posted by zorlac_147
I do not have exacty jetting specs but an suzuki service department can look it up in their service manual. I had a 97 ,98 and 99. and had a friend with a 96 I never fouled a single plug in any of mine. but have seen people foul many plugs if you run the wrong ones. You should always run a BR8EG or BR8EV if you run b8es or similar they WILL foul. Let me know your elevation and I may be able to help the 96 seemed to run good at sea level with the stock jetting so call your local service department. Also make sure you run a good oil at around 50:1. I run Red Line at 70:1 with no problems.

Nathan
01 cr 250

Huh? 50:1 70:1? BR8ES will foul?? What are you talking about? I have run a BR8ES in my bike for the past 3 months without any probs. As far as your mixture is concerned, sure if you plan on doing you top end every 10 hours thats great. Don't start blaming sparkplugs and fuel mixtures for probably the most common prob, incorrect jetting. Take a look at your pilot jet, you'll probably want to come down a couple of sizes (test each one obviously), what's your air screw at? Mix in a 32:1/40:1 with good pump gas (I use Sunoco 94 and Silkolene Pro 2 @ 40:1) Just change one thing at a time, and take it slowly, you'll figure the problem out :)

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
hucker

hucker your 91 rm does not need to run br8eg or ev's but from 96 on they do. I put over 200 hrs on the factory piston in my 99 rm 250 running red line 70:1 and never fouled a plug. I have owned 3 rm's and am going to buy an 02 RM next week you act as if I don't know what I am talking about. And I did recommed him starting with stock jetting.

nathan
01 cr 250 (that is still alive even with red line and br8eg plugs imagine that!)

Top Bottom