Rowing Machines or Elliptical Trainers

CR_Dave

Sponsoring Member
Mar 3, 2000
I think either of these 2 machines would provide a good workout for motocross racing. Does anyone have any opinions on these types of machines or other options. If so, what type of machine do you like and what is a good brand.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Both machines will provide a good cardio workout.I personally like the eliptical machine the best because of its low impact on my knee joints and you can also position it to really target the upper thigh's.I think the brand name I use at the gym is a (I think)Precor.I believe the "high-end" eliptical's are pretty pricey.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
There's really only one rower to get - the Concept 2. A used model B or C would be great. The original Concept 2 is OK, but the B and C are much better. Current list on the C is $765. If you keep an eye on the classifieds you may be able to pick one up used around $300-$400.

Check this out for more info: www.concept2.com

If you do go this route, I suggest you find a real rower to show you how to use it correctly. A good stroke is essential for an efficient workout and avoiding injury.

RoadRash

Sep 13, 2000
I have to agree with Tex on this one. Rowing machines are a great workout and he is right on the Concept 2C is top of the line. I used to row in college, the biggest thing to watch out for is your lower back. It is a great total body workout.

MONjean

Dec 12, 2000
i think than rowing machine is better
1- The position of the bar is like your motocross bar... so you work on the good muscle
2- you can create a little impact in the movement.
3- lower body work like on your motocross

I have a old life fitness rowing machine...and with a combination of vertical bike ...30 min rowing and 20 min bike...i am a new man on track.
(with a litlle muscle training)
:)

Top Bottom