Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I will be posting the race results in another thread, but here are the "other" awards that were handed out Saturday night:

Exotic Bike - Vintage Dirt (Wes Baca) for a Trail 70's

Farthest Traveled - Cornell Canter - New Jersey
Support Plaques - Camp Tejas (Tony and Jeff Eeds, Grady and Brian, Paddy. (Did I miss anyone?)
FatherAndSon - For laying out the Harescramble course
FredT - For laying out the Harescramble course

Best Crash - Donny aka SWAMP RAT

Buster Who - YZ165 - motor and what else?

Bench Racer - Darin LeFluer - that guy can really tell a story

Lori Nyland award - Wardy - for doing everything he can at Dirtweek to make us look like we know what we are doing! Whatever and whenever, Wardy is there and has the tools and knowledge to get'er done!

Speical Thanks - Jeff at MxSouth! He took care of us again this year. Make sure to send him a thank you!

Special Thanks - Will Pattison - Tucker Rocky (Answer, MSR and ProTaper) Thye are our title sponsor of Dirtweek 2005 (and 2004) Drop em a line and say thanks for representin'!!

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
As Fred and I mentioned Saturday night, we had help on the HS track. I wish we had a few other plaques for Grady, Paddy, and Chopper Dave. The five of us were out there on mini bikes. Fred and I had pouches for the arrows/staplers AND automatic clutches...both made the job easier!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Apparently you guys gave the Buster Who award to the right guy. I rode for the first time sense DW today, and snaped the kickstarter off the KX....... :|

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Yes I do Lou.....Yes I do......

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I didn't know they still made orange plastic for KXs. I'm assuming you can't possibly be referring to switching to a KTM... :p

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Although my birthday is on Haloween, and I do like orange, I will never, I mean never, buy a KTM. My blood runs blue, Yamaha Blue!

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
YZ165 said:
I will never, I mean never, buy a KTM. My blood runs blue, Yamaha Blue!

Easy now young fella.

Should somebody get a poll going of which colors of bikes blow up the most?

I don't recall an orange scoot having problems 2 weeks ago, there was a green one though (with camo black). :nener:

(any mention of Eddies bike, not allowed :| )

I rode Red/Green/Yellow/Blue bikes for 30 years, then saw the Orange light :cool:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I rode orange when orange was white and blue was white too but blue was yellow before that so I ride red now but my Maico is red too but it's busted and come to think of it my first orange bike was green but not the green like todays green bikes, my first bike was white too and it was a '69 but it would be blue if it was today.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Wes, Wes, Wes. :coocoo:

Sad part is, I understand what you wrote. :yikes:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Grady said:
Wes, Wes, Wes. :coocoo:

Sad part is, I understand what you wrote. :yikes:

Me Too! :uh:

Yep them yellar bikes that are now blue after being white too, I used to have one when it was blue the first time. Red used to be white before all red and some yellow ones are still yellow now. Green has been green for a long time and orange used to be white, red, blue and 2 shades of orange.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
and here I thought GWB always meant "gay white boots"...it may have a double meaning. Yes, some of the white plastic on my old KTM 495 turned yellow and got ugly just like my boots.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Grady said:
I don't recall an orange scoot having problems 2 weeks ago, there was a green one though (with camo black).

Yea, you got a point, and that's why the POS is for sale.

'05 KX250 POS for sale.
Never Raced
Mint
Adult Owned
Fresh Top-End
Fresh Rear Tube
Fresh Chain Guide
Fresh Kickstarter
No Rust, that's cooperland
Super Fast!
Yer Kid could be just like Bubba!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Holy molly......talk about a change of heart.....shortly after this post, Rich helped me build a big bore '05 KX250 smoker, blew it up, then I bought a '02 CRF450, blew it up twice, then I switched to orange....Yep, Got a '05 KTM450SX, then a '07 KTM450SX......I should have known god wanted me on orange bikes a long time ago....I was born on Halloween!...Hello! Never had any problems with either KTM.... Interesting to say the least.....

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Thread revival, always a trip down memory lane.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
YZ165 said:
Holy molly......talk about a change of heart.....shortly after this post, Rich helped me build a big bore '05 KX250 smoker, blew it up, then I bought a '02 CRF450, blew it up twice, then I switched to orange....Yep, Got a '05 KTM450SX, then a '07 KTM450SX......I should have known god wanted me on orange bikes a long time ago....I was born on Halloween!...Hello! Never had any problems with either KTM.... Interesting to say the least.....

Yet you still go by YZ165 ... LOL!! The worst problem I ever had with a Yamaha was bad technical advice from a local shop. 25 years of Yamaha, and they are all still running, some with new owners, but I still see them out there.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Rooster said:
Yet you still go by YZ165 ... LOL!! The worst problem I ever had with a Yamaha was bad technical advice from a local shop. 25 years of Yamaha, and they are all still running, some with new owners, but I still see them out there.
35 years here. I would REALLY like to have another Dirtweek so we could start some new threads!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
it would be cool but whole the hell still rides anymore! I bet over 50% from the last dirt week in 2005 doesn't ride anymore. and that's a conservative number my guess.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I still ride... poorly, but that isn't news. There is even a new Beta in my garage that needs to find it's way to Fox Valley for some proper trails to point it at :)

Last edited:

Top Bottom