Nov 8, 2010
hey guys cracked my kx 125 cases aprt today left and centre just sussing out the box and crank while i rebuild it. whats got me stumped is there isnt a gasket! should there be 1?? if not what sealent should i use just a bit of aviation form-a-gasket or silastic?

there isnt a gasket in the kit so i asume it dsnt need 1 but yeah asking if its comon not to have gaskets

cheers guys

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Not sure about your KX125, but many bikes do not have a center case gasket.

Many do, but many don't. You might want to post the year of your bike, in case some one knows for sure.

You can also view parts microfiche online at www.buykawasaki.com and see if they show one. You will have to explore around the site a little to get to the parts diagrams.

Nov 8, 2010
ahhh should prolly metion its a 1993 kx 125.

well good to know that not all bike do onli ones ive ever done did so this made me go whoaaa.

what sealent normally gets used?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
EncyclopediaRonnie said:
what sealent normally gets used?

I don't know - mine always had gaskets :p

FWIW, if I recall correctly, Honda has a product for this use. My guess is your bike may have been put together dry at the factory, but I'd probably put a sealer on, too, just in case.

Nov 8, 2010
yeah seems ther was silastic in theer but i dunno fuel eats the **** outa silastic so thats no good aviation never sets and i dont want vac sucking **** through

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
EncyclopediaRonnie said:
yeah seems ther was silastic in theer but i dunno fuel eats the **** outa silastic so thats no good aviation never sets and i dont want vac sucking **** through

You are looking for ThreeBond 1194 Gasket Sealer, which is a direct replacement for:

Threebond 1104 (Discontinued because of hazardous chemicals)
Honda Bond
YamaBond 4
Suzuki 99000-31010
Kawasaki Bond 56019-120

http://www.threebond.co.jp/en/produ.../1100/1194.html

But before you go looking for that stuff trying looking for the SpellCheck button at the bottom of the page.

Nov 8, 2010
yeah i know my spellings **** lol didnt even realise there was a spell checker ahahahah.

any how is this the same as the loctite 587 any good? and more importantly the exess bead that will ooze out is it gonna be a problem in the bottom of my crankcase its a 2 stroke

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Rich Rohrich said:
Threebond 1104 (Discontinued because of hazardous chemicals)

I didn't know that. Reckon that means the 1104 actually worked as it is supposed to. Guess I need to quit eating old paint chips, chewing on vinyl mini blinds and washing with MEK before dinner. We'll have a country with nothing but Elmer's glue and Nerf bikes made out of safe, comfortable foam someday.
And Ronnie, if you use a sealant listed above, you put on a very, very thin coat. No bead running inside of cases that way. I have split cases where there was clearly a bead of sealant pushed inside that was still hanging on, but I prefer not to have one personally.

Nov 8, 2010
2strokerfun said:
I didn't know that. Reckon that means the 1104 actually worked as it is supposed to. Guess I need to quit eating old paint chips, chewing on vinyl mini blinds and washing with MEK before dinner. We'll have a country with nothing but Elmer's glue and Nerf bikes made out of safe, comfortable foam someday.

just for what its worth to any1 in australia go to bursons and ask for 1104 they looked at me funny when i asked for the other and said it exists lol

Top Bottom