buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Ok, this sucks. I just broke one of the seat tabs off of my KX's seat. I checked out Kawi's diagrams and you can't order the part separately. Does anyone have a fix for this other than buying a new seat? SDG doesn't make one for my year and I don't want to buy a stock one just b/c I broke off one bolt tab.

:bang:

B

biglou

I'd say try a motorcycle salvage yard (there's lots of them online), or maybe even make a new one from some sheet metal of a decent gauge if you have the ability. I don't think it would hurt things to ride with only one seat mount, as long as you keep the bolt in to keep the side plate in place. If you want to send me pieces of the brokien one, I can try to make a new one or even weld the original one back together. (It won't be pretty, but it will work!)

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
When mine broke on my bike I made new ones from flat stainless steel stock. Removed my seat cover and foam and riveted them on. They have lasted over 1-1/2 years and counting.

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
Replacement seat tabs are made by several after market companies here in the UK, not sure of the brands though. Likely to be Acerbis, UFO etc..

Top Bottom