KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Looks like Reno is out this year - anyone interested in hitting Jawbone for that time frame?

Camping on site or motel in Mojave.

Tours available from beginner to AA to "bring a sleeping bag and survival kit".

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'll sign up for the "bring a sleeping bag and survival kit" ride. I'll even put on trash plastics for it this time.

Last edited:

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Jawbone could be good, we could ride Dove Springs and do a Randsburg saloon ride too.

Hey, there is some killer riding around Vegas, why not do some riding up there that weekend and stay in a real hotel?

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi Kiwi,

If you go to Jawbone, where and how long will you be camping? We are thinking of going to Jawbone with Uncle Moose's family. We are thinking of leaving here late PM on Thursday, trying to get there sometime on Thursday night and camping until Monday.

Buddy and I have been to Jawbone, Spangler Hills and Dove Springs before. This time we are thinking of camping at Jawbone Canyon. Please let me know what your plans are.

Mini

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'll be there from Thursday night until Monday afternoon.

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Weather report calls for rain tuesday-sunday next week, socal is supposed to get hit with bad storms! Oh well at least it won't be dusty :)

Kraig

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Outstanding!!

There is usually some of the riding area where it isn't raining.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
jak525, it will probably take 6 1/2 hours for you.
It usually takes 7-8 hours for us from East Bay with towing a toy hauler.

Uncle Moose, I agree! I should stay away from you or you should stay away from me while riding!?

Mini

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I was out at Jawbone today driving around. and if it keeps raining like it has been it's going to be awesome! :)
or it's going to be muddy!
;)
either way I'm going to have a blast. I'll be up in NAS Lemoore this upcoming week, but I'll be @ Jawbone NLT Saturday morning. and will stay untill Monday afternoon.

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I still don't see why everyone likes Jawbone. The kids and I will be at Teagle Wash off Trona Road. Going up on Thursday. Rides to Randsburg, etc. We may go by Jawbone. We usually stay in Ridgcrest were there are a lot of hotels. We stage at Charlies one day, Teagle another and Camp A or C out of California City. (All of these are 20 miles from Jawbone and in my opion much better. Dove Springs is fun but limited. Then only dirt roads. The hills behind Randsburg are awsome).

Also been thinking of riding out at Caliente, NV where the Nevada 200 ride is. I called the BLM. They said you can ride a dirt bike in town and ride anywhere you want out of town. Heck you can ride 200 miles on dirt to Vegas or ride dirt to Moab. Bought a ton of maps of Idaho and Utah for future riding. Also looking for info on the North Rim trail out of Seattle, Wa

So to sum up, we will be out in the Jawbone area. We will be in Randsburg each day for a Milk Shake and to hang out. Takes about 6hours from Walnut Creek, CA to Ridgecrest. Will leave info on Hotels if you want. Lets see these replies.

The Tortoise, long time still riding. Now time for the long trips in dirt. The adventure contiues

doug

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Pinball: it's about 4-5 hours south of Sacramento depending on how fast you drive.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Kav said:
Pinball: it's about 4-5 hours south of Sacramento depending on how fast you drive.

Sacramento to Jawbone in 4 hours is Cannonball Run type speed! I think you are looking at close to 400 miles.

IMO, it's about 5.5 hours from Sacto with a loaded pickup going 75+ mph. As Firelily said, add an extra hour if you are pulling a trailer.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
DBD: sorry I took a bit of a guess with that one. I was using my Ridgecrest to Modesto times to make that guess.

Doug: I haven't ridden out at Splanger Hills at all so I can't comment, but I love riding Jawbone because it's full of cool riding, and stuff for every one to ride on. I really like it out there.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Here is the map location for the turnoff for Jawbone. Town of Cinco, California.

Map Link

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
As of 9AM on Wednesday, we are still ON for Jawbone Ride. It has been raining pretty hard every day here in the Bay Area since last Sunday, and we are still concerned about the weather in Mojave.....most of us have kids, so it won't be so much fun, if we end up staying in the trailer for whole time we are in Jawbone.

Anyway, I will post again before we leave.
We are driving a 4-door white GMC with towing 29 ft 5th wheel Gearbox and planning to stage at Blue Point. There will be 3 or more trailers camping with us.

Mini

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Good luck on the weather and have fun, Mini!
And take lot's of pics!

We're going to ride in Hood River and the Tillamook, OR area this weekend for our "MoonRocks-Alternate" ride. We'll post a ride report as well.

Cheers! - RandyB

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
We are leaving at 4 PM today on Thursday. ;)
I hope the weather won't be so bad.

Dirt Bike Dave and Kav, you guys are not so far from Jawbone. Please come and look for us!!

Randy and Susan, have a good ride in Oregon.

Mini

Top Bottom