Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
How's everyone feel about a spring time DirtWeek when the kids are out of school?

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
I think that'd be a cool idea! I wouldn't have a problem making it then.

It's tough for any kid to miss a week of school when they are high school on up.

The weather in Oklahoma is usually prime time in May. Some years it can be a tad warm, but generally the weather is nice.

Where the troubles run into are people's kids get out at different times. When I was in high school, it was mid-late May when we got out. College, early May. But in different parts of the country some don't get out until June.

If you're having it in Stillwater, in June, it's most likely going to be HOT.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
If anything happens this spring, I've just got to keep my fingers crossed it's before mid-May.

Jaw surgery = no riding for a while afterwards. :(

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Hmmm ;)

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I had thought of that before since that's a great time to ride and all. The problem is different schools have Spring Break at different times. Or did you mean as soon as school is out? That would be nice, especially for the high school kids to blow some steam off after finals.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Green Horn said:

says the tea kettle before it runs dry :fft:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
How's everyone feel about a spring time DirtWeek when the kids are out of school?

a SECOND DirtWeek !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
OH MY! Such short notice. You do realize that coming up with excuses takes quit a bit of effort and I'm still bone tired from the effort from this fall. ;)

Plano gets out of school around the end of May. Something like the 23rd or there abouts.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
May 25th is the last day for LTISD. Go ahead, twist my arm.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
First week of June???? :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
It starts to stay warmer at night in June. Those who would be tent camping might find it a bit warm. I guess I could shack up with Okie for the week.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I've been waiting 5 years for you to ask that question.

Yes

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Are you saying one in the spring, one in the fall, or just one in the spring.......

Either way, the sooner the better. Matt

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Okie, are you talking about spring break (what is it, around the end of March, early April?) or the end of the school year in late May, early June?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Mid June would probably accomadate all? Schools around here end around the first week of June.

Spring breaks are all different, so I don't think that's a solid option.

Since it's a little warm in OK in June.... why not pull it up north a little bit? :nod:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Up north, down south, west coast I don't care

Make it the springtime, and I'm there with half of RI(all 7 of us in tow) :yeehaw: :aj: :yeehaw:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'm game for most any time

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Late May, early June works for me. I have a real quiet genset with some spare juice, I could always a/c my neighbor's tent. Dont laugh people do it all the time down south in the summer.

Top Bottom