so many groups, letters to write, issues, Augh!!!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Maybe someone can help me out.
I'm all for protecting our rights and against land closures. However, I have a hard time being overly active. Shame on me but I'm being honest. I'm more than happy to sign petitions and join groups that will speak out for us like the American for Responsible Recreational Access
Campaign. I'm glad there are people willing to do this.

I keep hearing about this issue and that issue and this bill and that bill. All being dreamed up by our opposition that appear to have way way to much time on their hands. It makes my head spin
frown.gif

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I wish to become one by interpreting all the onslaught of bills the land closure people dream up.

What I'm looking for is a collective voice to lobby for us. Is there one I should join. I think there are alot of us out there that just don't know what to do and/or do not have a couple of spare weeks just to read all the info on both sides.

What do you suggest?

------------------
chicks dig scars, pain heals, glory lives forever

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Blue Ribbon Coalition and AMA are the top two organizations for protecting our rights (in my opinion). You can join online and feel free to send additional monetary support to them to continue our battles.

BRC is here:
http://www.sharetrails.org/

AMA:
http://www.ama-cycle.org/index.asp

If your area is anything like mine, there are several local clubs that organize meetings with local officials and clean up days at local riding areas to protect our right to ride. These are also very important. As more riding areas are lost a precedence is set and it gets harder and harder to keep the remaining areas open.

Do what you can before it's too late or you may have more time on your hands than you want.

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Scar tissue,
Part of the strategy that the GAGS have, is too wear folks down by burying them in tons of B-S.

Look at what has happened in just the last couple of weeks with snowmobiles and personnel water craft.
mad.gif

We all have to fight the good fight!

What bbbom said, she"Right On" !

My concern with all these splinter groups are that they just create the appearance that we are all not united.

The ARRA and BRC embrace enthusiasts with interests other than Dirt bikes which makes us a more formable united opposition.

Supporting these three in my opinion is the best we can all do.

Myself, I do all I can until my eyes start to cross
eek.gif
and then I go riding.
smile.gif

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
*AMA-Cycle.Org*
*PRO-Hillclimbers*

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Scar.

I agree with you that sometimes it feels like we are pushing crap against the tide. But, we ALL have to stay on top of this. Especially now, with the new administration we have a chance to make some changes and already have.
I also agree with Kali and Ken on what to join, but, it is up to us as individuals to make a difference.
Don't give up the good fight.

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Join the AMA and keep hitting that Rapid response button. They most always have a good letter written and all you have to do is click to send it off.

------------------

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Thanks and I've joined.
biggrin.gif

------------------
chicks dig scars, pain heals, glory lives forever

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Scar.
I have found there are three types of people in this world. There are people that make things happen, there are people that watch things happen and there are people that look around and say, "whoa, what happened?"

We all have to be the first type of person that makes things happen. If we don't become involved, some day we will look around and say, whoa, what happened to all of our riding areas?

Thanks for joining up.

------------------
"Old age and treachery, sumthin, sumthin, can't remember the rest."
Ol'89r

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
For those of you who have ridden the San Bernardino mountains and love it as much as I do; read on...

Our local club (Big Bear Trail Riders http://home.socal.rr.com/bbtr/ ) has a "spin-off" called "Americans for Forest Access" (http://www.forestaccess.org/).

Our local strategy is to UNITE everyone we can (e.g. bike riders, horse riders, quad riders, jeepers, indian tribes!, etc.) under a non-motorcyle "brand name" to respond to local trail closures.

The last Forestry trail closure meeting I attended was somewhat upset when a member of an indigenous indian tribe delivered a notice that their constitutional rights would be violated by trail access restrictions to their sacred religous sites. It was great! They're on board with us now.

My point is that localized or even nationalized organizations, that unify common interests among diverse "trail-users" deserve support, even if you don't like jeepers, quaders, whatever. We're just out to stop trail closures, within reason. We'll sort who uses what, when and how...later.

The "battle" needs fighting at several levels by the strongest force we can assemble. Allies can make the difference.

Our "homefront" battle is to respond to the trail closure advocates who commission geologists and biologists reporting endangered plants on our trails. If you have the money, it's easy to do, even though arguably a blatant exploitation of endangered species legislation.

However, if there's no "in kind" reponse, we're screwed. Our challenge is learning the rules of engagement and building a warchest to counter "in kind" what happens in the "trenches".

Not enough comes from interested sponsors and memberships. Some comes from proceeds of club sponsored enduros. More support is needed. If you cherish this riding area, join up.

------------------
Noscitur ex socio, qui non cognoscitur ex moto artem

Top Bottom