holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Com'on...it aint that bad.

I just got out of (4 weeks ago) triple bypass heart surgery (not joking). They harvested three veins from my leg - isn't that cool?

I just did some yard work for the first time yesterday and will soon be twisting the throttle again. :ride: I'm as strong as a chimpanzee now (yeah, I can pick up my own bike and then some). It's nice to have an adequate blood supply coursing through the body. :nod:

I'll start by riding my street bike today ....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dang Ron. :yikes: Didn't know that. Hope everything went well. Did you have a heart attack?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Bundy's right. We need to plan another Crew ride.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Dang Ron. :yikes: Didn't know that. Hope everything went well. Did you have a heart attack?

No. I didn't have a heart attack or even chest pain, because my heart was and still is strong, but the arteries were clogged. This cannot be detected by a stethoscope.

I had trouble for the past few years with strength sapping from my legs when getting worked up, then one Monday I came to work and was in such a fog that I could barely remember my name for 2 hours. I went in for a test that probes the heart veins (I was awake for this little horror) and it was determined that I had blockages. So I had to voluntarily check myself in to the hospital for traditional open heart surgery (no stints or anything).

Ugggg. But the good news is normal strength and balance ... just perfect for riding again. :nod:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's good news! Ron, be careful on those street bikes, they're dangerous. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm in, lets ride. I'm in need of some dirt in my chonies. Got to see 89er last week, you look good grandpa, lets fire up that 450 and ride!

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
So, did y'all ride? I took a long hiatus from riding after breaking my right foot on Jan 1, 2005. Just got a Husqvarna TE-510, and look forward to a little riding. My now 22 year old son got one, too.

We're planning on doing the Baja 1000 this fall.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Tony Williams said:
So, did y'all ride? I took a long hiatus from riding after breaking my right foot on Jan 1, 2005. Just got a Husqvarna TE-510, and look forward to a little riding. My now 22 year old son got one, too.

We're planning on doing the Baja 1000 this fall.

Wow ... maybe we could do a SoCal Baja wrecking crew ride sometime? I'd do my best to be on that excursion if it comes up.

i was just looking outside at the blue skies and wet ground and wondering what I'm doing sitting at a computer. :coocoo:

TheW0lf

Dec 4, 2014
theres a new dog in town

trying to get the band back together...

or if any of the vets wanna recruit/donate some fresh meat to the grinder thatd be great too. i cant find anybody my age(28) willing to leave a 5 mile radius of their house, and let alone to get beat up on some trails and hillclimbs. would really like to expand my network of riders and keep the lifestyle(suffering) alive.

Top Bottom