So who was the farthest from what you expected?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
(VD gave me this idea in another thread...)

So... now that you met a whole bunch of DRNers for the first time at DW02 - who actually ended up totally different than what you expected?

I would have to say Elk. I think it has somethin to do with his avatar - I just expected to meet that guy in the picture... instead Elk actually turned out to be a really cool dude :confused:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
And, while we're at it... who was exactly what you expected?

That's a tough one... but I would have to say Natalie. I expected a friendly smiling face and I think she was the first person (other than Solo) to come up and introduce herself to me.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
For me it was Milk, super cool guy, but not what I expected look wise, all I kept thinking on the way home was his refference to the "loudermilk ****slap"..., and how very few if any can even do it :eek:.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
ROTFLMAO!! I wasn't EVEN going to ask him to go into detail! :scream:
I had an idea of what he looked like from his website but wasn't quite prepared for his uhhh, special charm. ;) Luv ya man. :)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Elk said he has it figured out LOL, he is going to practice all year and try and top the "master" in a showdown at sunrise on the grass track next year :)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Elk, easily. Same as Nikki, I was expecting a fat Erik Estrada. :eek:

Nikki, you were closest to what I expected....fast!, plus you've posted tons of pictures, so I figure we all knew what you looked like.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Blackhawk. I had her pegged as a shy, reserved, stick-in-the-mud type. She's exactly the opposite. :thumb:

I had SFO down as a weird old dude who can make stuff outta dirt, but he's not like that at all. He's a weird YOUNG dude who can make stuff outta dirt. He's a helluva cook, too.

VD is exactly like I pictured him. . .except for the spud head.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by billywho
...all I kept thinking on the way home was his refference to the "loudermilk ****slap"..., and how very few if any can even do it :eek:.

Well, since I will be at DW 03, Ill put on a clinic for the Slap. Okie, write me down for daily lessons. I must warn you, bring ice and boxers. :) The right underwear is the key. :thumb:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by billywho
For me it was Milk, super cool guy, but not what I expected look wise

what was I posed to look like Senor? Hell, Im a fat guy with a bad accent, and I used to have removable teeth but the dentist fixed that! What else could you ask for? :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Elk and Papakieth - two guys I never really interacted with much on DRN so I did not have a feel for what kinda fellas they really were! For some reason I figured we probably would not interact much at DW either. Come to find out - they are two of the coolest, most fun and lovable, personable guys you'd ever want to meet!! I miss them a lot already!

As for who was exactly like I thought they would be: TTRGuy - I'd heard all about what a nice, great, friendly, give-the-shirt-off-his-back kinda guy you were and that is exactly what you are! Vintage Dirt - I had a feeling you were gonna be a lot of fun and become a good bud :thumb: Jaybird - I don't care what kinda guff you take on DRN - you are a big sweetie and a comforting soul and somehow I just always knew that. :confused:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer

Isn't that the description of just about everyone in OK? :p

Good one Aimee! LOL from Red and me! :thumb:

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
I would have to go with Elk also. I wasn't quite expecting that nice of a guy. You sure do stay calm for as crap as people give you!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Zio was the farthest from what I expected. I couldnt find a pic of him before I picked him up at the airport. I was figuring on some older dude that wasnt gonna say much or be cool. He even listened to my music and he sang Freaks of the Industry with me! He was definitely different and cooler than I thought he would be.

I didnt know what to expect from Timr either. I guess it has to do with picking someone up you have really never even "typed" to before. He was cool as I picked him up, and by Guthrie we were cussin and driving and talking. :)

I thought Okie was gonna be stuck up or quiet and reserved. I was afraid to use any kind of adult language fearing I would get nuked in real life.

No one was close to what I thought they would be actually. I cant judge too well from type what people are like (cept for Sarge the crazy loon). I can say i was pleased after meeting all the people that I did and I hope they were pleased as well. :)

Mr. Pleaser was wayyyyyyyy more quiet than I ever thought he would be in real life. I got him to say some stuff to me though.

UPDATED

I thought these people were meanies:

Red
Aimee
Nikki

Last edited:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Blackhawk was the biggest surprise for me. I had set beside her at a meal and been around her a couple of times before someone told me who she was. Shocked me. I thought she was just Jeff's girlfriend.

Bswift was just what i thought he'd be. ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hey Mister! I am stuck up! Was good to meet you too Gimpy :) I do have to say that when I saw you and Sarge sitting together talking I thought some kind of chemical reaction would take place... :p Thanks for "lighting" the poker run. I came looking but got there late I guess, would have made a great picture, lol.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
There's a "pic" waiting in your email box. :thumb:

PS All you have to do is ask to see it next time. I have no shame!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
The biggest suprise for me was Jaybird. Somehow I missed meeting him at DW01. I wish I hadn't He was great! I don't know how else to describe him. Big ole smile, I felt at ease with him instantly.
GETMETOCA was another pleasant suprise. like she said, we hadn't interacted very much if at all online, but in person. . . you couldn't ask for better. Natalie embodied the spirit of Dirtweek for me this year.
txbigguy suprised me to. I expected someone more, well more my size I guess. :confused:

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
You called down the the thunder Senor. :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Milk
There's a "pic" waiting in your email box. :thumb:

PS All you have to do is ask to see it next time. I have no shame!
I want one. Or two...

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Whats yer email Wesley. :)

(Nevermind. I know it and you cant type that here!)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Milk
Whats yer email Wesley. :)

(Nevermind. I know it and you cant type that here!)
Heck yes I can, just use anybody@wesbaca.com and I'll get the email. Sorta lets you get real creative.

Oh and by the way, its Señor, not Senor. Accent is everything doncha know. :confused:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Its called a tilde and I sent the pic 30 mins ago! Take your One-A-Day and your Metimucil and get with the program! i sent it to dwe@wesbaca.com btw. :)

Top Bottom