Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wait 'til 2K3! Planning has already begun :aj:

Same place, same time. Mark your calendars,
September 29 thru October 4 is the target date and not likely to change. (UPDATE: Could also be the week before or the week after, will know in a few days) You saw what the weather is supposed to be like on Friday and Saturday, (Sun-Thursday was 15 degrees above normal) so the time frame will likely be good.

Coop has promised a LOT more (and more technical) trails and to be more involved each day, I'll be dogging Kris to make a DW modified layout of the MX track (knowing him, he'll do it, ie; remove/modify some of the more technical sections to be more DW friendly, sorry buster!)

Brownie very well may have electricity in the pits next year as well as a dump station some where on the property, he's planning a lot of improvements, he sure won't come up short due to a lack of effort, he's got to be one of the hardest workers in the business and truly cares about the riders/guests. A huge thank you goes out for being such a great host. I still find it hard to believe the guy is only 20 :thumb:

Expect a lot more "names" next year, we need some competition for that A/Pro class :thumb: Not ready to start naming names, but rest assured, the list will be sweet! Come out and sit around the fire with a legend or 12 :cool:

We've considered that the time will come, maybe next year?, when we'll need to limit attendance, 4-500 will be the max, we'll never let DW grow out of control, if we have to have two events each year, we will :)

We've got a lot of ideas on how to improve DW and we're always open to suggestions, let me know what you think...

Thanks to Dubach (thanks buster!), Coop and Bartram for coming (hey, freestylers can ride, lol) A little FYI: Guy said he'd never seen anything like it, "a great big family" and really wants us back.

Props to the Moderators for all the work! A special thanks to my Bro Thump, couldn't have done it without you my friend. Billy did a lot more for the event than convince Asterisk to sponsor... you are one of the good ones Mister. My family? What can I say? They love this thing and it shows.

To my lovely bride... you prop me up, you put up with me and continually convince me that "I can". SCOOTER!

Thanks to everyone that attended. Every year at some point in the planning process, you can get to a point where you wonder if it’s worth it…. All the phone calls, dealing with insurance companies, suppliers, the meetings, etc., but it never fails; seeing it in progress is awesome. I like to sneak-off to some vantage point and just watch for a while. When we’re busy setting stuff-up or whatever it is we do that makes the week go too fast, it’s easy to miss what’s really going on. Watching people having a good time visiting, goofing-off, helping each other, cooking, feeding people, offering their right arm to make sure someone else is enjoying themselves, bench racing, the kids having a blast, etc. is SO cool. Thanks for being there, you really are an unbelievable group of people.

Thanks to everyone for leaving the park in good shape! We were the last to pull out and it looked great! Hard to believe we were there for a week, Brownie said it looked WAY better than after a single race day.

Everyone that missed this year; wish you could have been there! Make your plans now, '03 will be even better!

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Whhoooowwaa :)
Thanks for everything Okie !
Atleast this time we have a year to plan the event...
See you in 03'

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Do you accept paypal right now for the reg fee!;) Count me in boss!:yeehaw:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Gotta do it! :thumb: Who else is gonna keep Elk's gloves rounded up?

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
SAWEEEEEEEET! I'm putting in for vacation right now. An No_Mo will not be in high school anymore (unless he flunks this year) :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I gots to bring Elk Jr. this time. :thumb:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I probably won't be working here this time next year but I just told my boss I'm taking that week off anyway.
He just looked at me weird and went back to pretending to look like he was working. :)

B

biglou

Just go ahead and mark me down for all future DW's. It's a given that I'll be there. What, me, miss the annual family reunion? Pffft! Right! ;)

Oh, and I wanted to add: Cooperland is Da Bomb! That whole place rocks. Brownie is an amazing young man. Much respect and admiration for him. I heard about the multitude of new trails soon to be available. Casey was great, but CL is just a bit "greater"! Plus, you got all these KC fellers hooked with that riding down there. Heck, that's a day trip for us, just like last July!
Worth every mile of the drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Whooohooo! When does the registration start? Maybe I can holeshot 2 years in a row!

Thanks Okie and everyone who is involved with DW. It was a blast...to say the least. Brownie could not have been a better host. I talked with Guy for about 15 minutes Sat. and all he kept talking about was how much better it would be if we came back next year! :aj: I can't believe I had my picture taken with Guy Cooper and got to talk trails with him! Awesome...Truly Awesome!

I can't wait until next year! :yeehaw:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Whens that registration page going up? :think: My DW03 savings account is up to triple digits, and that's just the pocket change :)

Okie expect my LSTM next week some time :thumb:

I'm going to work Moose95 over and see about him taking two weeks off next year and making it a family affair. CAL you up to a caravan?

WHOOO HOOOO! :yeehaw: DW03 or bust!

Phillip

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I'm in...this time we're getting an RV....that tent stuff is for the birds.

Great facility Kris, and good choice Okie!... Just wish I lived closer to enjoy it more often.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Yea Hooooooo! Just wish that I didn't have to wait a year.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
If \ when Brownie and Cooper cut more trail, that will fill in the only concern I had (total trail area, mileage). If we could incorporate more trail (maybe North of the Grass Track), maybe we could squeak out a 10-15 mile loop. With its close proximity to the Stillwater 500, I would imagine that Brownie could see more people coming to Cooperland just to ride the trails (I know I do). If they need ANY help with cutting, trimming, or just breaking and riding in of new trails, I am confident that a large number of Heartland spodes will be there to volunteer! Count me in!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think we'll be wrapping you and Gomer in bubble wrap first Dave! (what you two do with the Crisco is another thing)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
You know me, if all it take is time, cash, and juevos, I'm in . As long as you promise there will be no math or significant use of brain power. :yeehaw:

Like Elk said, should we send our payment now. :) :)

We had a blast! Thanks for everything. See you all at Vegas if we do that again this year.

Top Bottom