drudin

May 15, 2002
I'm in St.Paul visiting from Nashville TN. My son and I brought our bikes to check out some tracks but they were stolen from our truck last night . here's the info;

2003 yamaha YZF250... Big Gun pipe and graphics, renthal fat bar, Enzo race suspension, number 515.

2004 Suzuki RM85L... New, no numbers, moose bark-busters.
Seems likely that kids stole them... They left our ramp, gear, tools, etc and didn't break into the truck. Parked in Como Park area.

If you come across them or any info, please contact Dan Rudin 615-352-5222 danrudin@aol.com
Thanks!!

BTW, just read the post on insurance...ouch. :ugg:

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
I think the phone number should read 651 -352-5222

correct me if I'm wrong, but that is St Pauls area code

I live near Como Park.... the best I can do is keep an eye out... I will do that.... (it's probably worth a little snooping around the neighborhood and asking some questions... maybe knocking on a few doors?... parents might know more than they realize... like, 'Hey, my son said that was his freinds bikes!'

why why why would you leave them out in the truck unlocked?? (I know you're asking yourself that same question)....

drudin

May 15, 2002
yup, mentally I'm beating myself over this one. Wonder when I'll get a good nights sleep again.

It is 615, It's my Nashville Number.

New developement;
a neighbor saw 2 box vans, white with black writing, hauling a-- down the street at 4:30 am. Could explain why I haven't found them in an alley.

I made flyers and put them in 200 mailboxes, as well as posting signs at major intersections. I've also posted on the local AMA message board... hopefully we'll find them.

Thanks for the well wishes, please pass along any info
Dan

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
By the sounds of it you are screwed, sounds like they were real theifts and they will probably part them out and be gone. That really stinks and no insurance on top of it. If you have not contact the police, please do so and provide them with distcriptions and vin# of bikes. It might not help you guys right away, but least there will be a record of it and they might be able to provdie you with some other info., probably not the first time for this to happen in this area.

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
Sorry about the confusion with the numbers.... odd though... 651 St Paul and 615 Nashville.... anyways...

DO report it to the police (and check your homeowners, maybe you'll get lucky).... I wish I knew of someplace to look for ya..... my heart bleeds for you (and my brow sweats just thinking of these thieves waiting to pilfer my bike too!!!)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
That truly sucks.

NGE - Homeowners won't touch it since it was in the back of a truck and I assume they were not locked....

Thieves should be strung up by their b***s!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
why why why would you leave them out in the truck unlocked?? (I know you're asking yourself that same question)....
How did you gather that? I read the post several times and don't see that he said they were unlocked? Either way, how do you find that statement helpful to the situation? A lesson for others? If you know he's asking himself the same question, why are you repeating it? Kinda like salt in a wound or what? His bikes are gone, that's tough enough.

B

biglou

It might be a longshot, but what about your auto insurance? Something stolen from your vehicle. I know, if they can be titled on their own they probably aren't covered, but hey, it's worth a shot. And no matter what, they were locked when you talk to the ins people about that... ;)

Good luck. And yes, thieves totally blow ass.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
why why why would you leave them out in the truck unlocked

NGE, You probably don't know this, but I just got my ars handed to me a mutlitude of times trying to defend some of the posts just like this one. I beleive a lot of peoples "true intentions" don't come across like they sound, thus we as a group shouldn't be so quick to judge.
But with assumptions like this you are doing no good, like Okie says, "adding Salt to wounds"! :| Not helpfull!!

Drudin, Sorry about the lose!
As for the Insurance, most companies probably won't pay since they have seperate policy's for Dirtbikes. They are not covered in my homowners nor my auto, also I would read your policies all the way through before attempting a claim! Claims work against you even if they don't pay out.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
NGE, being from the area, maybe you can ask around as well. I'm sure he asks himself that same question but he posted for help. We all make mistakes and losing bikes is a tough one to swallow so be easy, just offer the help, I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Thanks
Elk

Make sure you report them Drudin, if the insurance won't cover it, when they are recovered, you'll get them back. Good luck

drudin

May 15, 2002
Well, I made it back to Nashville without anyone stealing my truck!!!

NGE, no harm, no foul... Some questions just beg to be asked.

Spoke with ins agent today (not the underwriter) and things are looking hopeful. My auto and homeowners are the same policy so there seems to be some wiggle room. They WON'T cover it on auto... the law in TN now is that unless it is INSTALLED in your vehicle it's gonna be under homeowners. That means anything like a wallet or computer...SOL without homeowners.

I really believe that they were rolled away by kids. I STUPIDLY left the toolboxes, etc in the truck bed too, and they took nothing. I mean if it was me, and I had a truck... well why not.

I really hope to see these bikes again but give it 50/50 odds (maybe less)

Cops have VIN#'s and complete descriptions. My bike would be easy for anyone in-the-know to spot, but my sons was brand new (4 rides) and stock other than the bark busters.

Thanks for all the help... pass ANYTHING along.
Dan

CHIP

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2000
Very sorry for the loss Drudin. :ugg:

I can tell you this. You have done the right things so far. Alerting the police and putting out flyers is an excellent thing to do.

I HATE A THIEF!!!!!!!!! :|

4 years ago my sons bike was stolen straight out of my open garage at night. It was the night before a New Years Day ride. I beat the bushes, I put out flyers with rewards , I handed out to people in the neighborhood and put them up at grocery stores and conveinence stores. I made out a police report. One thing I have learned is that a friend of a thief is usually willing to rat out someone for money. It worked and I got his bike back about 1 month later. It just mysteriously appeared by my truck.

3 years ago someone relieved me of my 6 x 10 utility trailer and I did the same thing. I Beat the bushes, made a police report, the whole thing. Well my results weren't as successful...at first. 6 months ago I was pulling through a grocery store parking lot and saw a guy with a Dodge truck with a trailer. He was sitting in front of a Chinese restaurant waiting his order of a Poo Poo platter.For over 2 years I had been driving my wife crazy checking out every vehicle with a trailer, even chased down a few and I slowed down at every house that one sat at. So here is this trailer that resembles mine, less than 1 mile from my house and has the hooks that I put on and the lights that I had wired myself. Well needless to say I immediately called the police and being in a small town with not much going on I had no less than 4 patrol cars on the scene in minutes. What helped me was that I had made a report of the theft which enabled me to receive my trailer right then and there (after a little paperwork) and resulted in the arrest of a local Meth user.

My point would be this...never give up. Things have a funny way of turning out. Good Luck!!!

drudin

May 15, 2002
gentlemen;
I love this forum. 2 years ago, when I started riding again after a 22 year break, I found a community of helpful people who didn't scoff when I asked questions like " Do they still run on gas?" or "Why do I fall down a lot?"
Not everyone is going to say something universally agreed upon... if they did would we be gaining any ground here? And BTW not everyone's tpying is prefect... we should try not to take everything so literally.

I really appreciate the tips, stories and well wishes during this, my darkest hour (my wife has been both helpfully supportive and gleefully chewing my a--)

CHIP, glad you had some luck with your stuff!!! I remain hopeful. NGE, living near Como Park, keep your eyes out please!

cheers,
Dan

CHIP

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2000
Best of luck to ya Drudin. I know it's a painful process( Of course I am speaking of your wife chewing your a** out :) ).

ConqSoft

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Sucks :(

In the future, I recommend getting insurance on them. Especially new bikes. I have both my 2004 Honda dirt bikes covered for about $100/year against theft. It's worth it. When they get older, and lose value, I'll drop it.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I think prolly the best way to show your true intentions is with these guys ;) :cool: and :ohmy:

If you think your post can be interperated in other ways, the emotocins will help!

"Why do I fall down a lot?"
Did you get your answer :p

drudin

May 15, 2002
I won't believe it until I have a check in hand, but insurance says they will cover the loss. :yeehaw:

I still keep expecting a call from the cops saying they've found the bikes... maybe I'm a dreamer.

BTW, someone stole my trailer hitch off my truck last night. I hope I'm about done with these involuntary donations!!!

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Well maybe you will have a happy ending to all this.......life is all about experiences...good and bad.
Dont dwell on it now......cause when (note my optimistic tone) you get the cheque....its time to go shopping!!!!!!!

CHIP

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2000
drudin said:
I hope I'm about done with these involuntary donations!!!

:| I don't get it. What makes someone think that just because they can't pay for something and you can they have a right to it!!!!!!

"involuntary donations" :rotfl:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Sorry to hear of the thefts, glad insurance worms are taking care of ya though!

drudin said:
BTW, someone stole my trailer hitch off my truck last night. I hope I'm about done with these involuntary donations!!!

Geez man! Me thinks you might need a louder shotgun?

Top Bottom