Some cylinder head questions (with pics)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That is definitely NOT the stock spring weights. Did you get the static sag in spec, after the race sag, to get in the ball park? Go to MX Tech's spring generator. I will bet we can find you the proper springs, cheaper? The winter thing Joe, you need to ride more in the winter? Vintage Bob

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I would love to ride more in the winter, unfortunately the indoor track is an hour away and costs 20 bucks an hour per rider minimum when we rent. Ice tires would be sweet, they would open up some doors for fun.

The suspension works great, it could be a bit plusher in the woods but it definately out performs me at the track. I've not had the big clunker bottom out yet so I would think the springs are fine, for now anyway. I really just wanna get the oil freshened up before it hurts the internals.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
1)No sniv'lin about them track prices, thats half price! Such a deal! 2)The ice tires are cheep, till the spoon slips, and add in the er visit? 3)You know not to transport thumpers out in the cold? Unless you carry a salamander heater to thaw it. 90mph on a open trailer or pick up, when its 20 degrees out, its froze. No way it will start. Half hour in front of the salamander, magic. 4)You are missing the entire top of the stroke, Punch in your weight with gear and see what springs go in? May know a guy with springs? The bottoming is for maniacs, or REAL portly riders. Over 200 and you could not even run a guy over with out bottoming! Vintage Bob

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
1) I'm cheap, it pisses me off to have to pay ride anywhere.....2)I mount my tires with a machine.....3)I don't go unless it's above 35, I don't like being cold.....4)MX Tech spring generator says to use stock springs at 200lbs in gear on the MX track. And the bottoming(shock) is to let you know you shoulda been a gear higher for that double....

I dusted off the trusty 'ol manual and looked at fork oil change procedure. It has to be more complicated than just loosening the cap and flipping it over then adding the amount of oil shown in that spiffy timed drainage chart? I think I remember having to bleed the air out of the inner chamber on the RM? I think I have some oil in the garage, maybe I'll give it a go. I guess I should call around and see if anyone has a cap wrench in town.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Hey Rich, would this be better than pump gas?

Specific Gravity: .716 @ 60°F

Lead: Yes

Oxygenated: Yes

Color: Yellow

Motor Octane: 116

Research Octane: 120+

Reid Vapor Pressure: 6.76

Oxidation Stability (min.) 1440+

Distillation:
10% evap @ 141.0°F

50% evap @ 174.0°F

90% evap @ 214.5°F

E.P. @ 260.2°F

Availability: Sealed Drums

Rev: 07/07

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You did not place a name Joe. Bet you Rich recognizes the fuel! If it is not stored in the ground, or specifically blended for cars, much better. Unless, its vp's alcohol stuff that needs to be in its on refrigerator! What a pain, and for what? Ether oxygenated fuels and plastic tanks are bad enough. Even my local torco dealer has way better fuel than any gas station pump. Vintage Bob

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It's out of a sealed drum. Oxygenated. I'm sure Rich can name it. It's conveniently available to me, unlike all other fuels which are a minimum 30 minute drive in a direction I don't normally go. If it's going to keep the engine cleaner and run as well as premium pump with no negative effects on the engine I'll do so, if not I guess I'll have to start traveling for gas.......

Top Bottom