Somebody get me a medic!

Just after 3pm Sunday, I just got home! I had planned on Mosier last night but TX246 & MX547 seemed to really want me to meet up with them at Village so I made the necessary changes of plans. If I had known all they wanted me to do is cart bikes & gear across the facilities and pack the trailer I would have gone to Mosier instead. :p It's not easy loading up 2 pits & 4 bikes right after a moto. :whiner:

The jump Gene & Jay were referring was a tough one for me. Jay & I had talked about it before his 2nd moto and he said he was rolling it. I told him I had been too untill my last couple of laps in moto one. I told him just to commit to it and I was sure he could make it over, after all, he jumped Swifts' bike ;) He said he was gonna give a try in his next moto and he almost made it. Not that I want to see anyone get hurt but you would at least expect to see a rider go down if he's gonna break something, he didn't even bobble. After 2 of the 3 DRNers were down it was time for my last moto. I think it was my 3rd lap I hit the in question double and came up short. I sort of nose dived right into it but luck was on my side. (you see, I have not been formally initiated in to the Heartland Spode Clan) I upshifted and panic revved and yanked up on the bars with all my might and managed to some how save it but in the process pulled a muscle in my left arm.

After Loading up the other spodes and racing my moto it was time for me to load up. By the time I pulled out Jays pit site was empty.

It's 11:30 am and I'm pulling out of Village Creek to make the short drive over to Burleson MX for the night. Plan was to get a good nights rest and race Sunday morning. After topping off the tank in the rv for a full night of uninterrupted air conditioner we hit Burleson at midnight. Tigger & I are the only ones there and it was dark as dark gets. Going from memory I have the perfect place in mind to setup camp, only problem is I have to come in from the opposite direction because of the size of my rig. "No problem, I'll just pull up here and circle around." I make the circle allright but as I start across the road into the "perfect" spot I feel a sharp drop off. It's too late to back up so I gas it. We get about another 10' and we are resting with the back wheels approxamatley 2" off the ground. "Great! No tools to dig but a tire iron and our hands. We struggle for almost 2 hours and I'm thinking I have to get this thing out because I'm blocking the road completely. 2:30 am, a welcome sight! I see two big trucks pulling in and I know one of them. Two tow ropes later and a rear bumper bent out about 4' I'm unstuck! A little after 3am the TV dinner is ready and I'l get some sleep. As I lay there in the rack, hands raw from using as a shovel, I'm so tired i can't go to sleep. I must have dozed off sometime because the lady came banging on the door at 6:30am for the gate money.

Sunday>
Have you ever been to a buffet and put more on your plate than you could possibly eat? I sign up for 2 classes. Moto 1 is over 30 and once again I'm the only one on a tiddler. I get smoked! It didn't help that I got no traction at the gate. I thought for a moment I forgot to put it in gear. My arm is so tight from the infamous Village Creek double I just try and stay upright in that race.

125 beginner I get a better start but the guy in front of me goes down in the 1st turn. It seemed like an eternity before he got out of the way. The best part was passing all the bikes on the 1st lap. I ended up with a 6th and knew I could do better next moto. Incidently the winner of that moto got bumped up to novice and won that one too.

Back to over 30 moto 2. The worn out body just couldn't push the little tidler fast enough to compete with the boys 13 years to my rear, I worked on cornering instead. After that moto I figured I had enough motocross for the weekend and lost any intrest of starting the 2nd 125 moto. I'm already so sore I can't imagine what I'll feel like tomorrow. I packed it up and came home to check on my DRN buds. TX246 & MX547 I'm sorry you got all busted up this weekend but at least be thankful you still have your looks. :p

Next time I'm going to Mosier :p

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
I can't belive BOTH of you guys got busted up at the same race! :(

Heal fast (well, as fast as those old bodies can)!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Man, I've spent the last few weeks focusing on work and building a house and all hell breaks loose. Heal up quick guys. Maybe its a good thing at the moment I'm trying to sell the bike...

KiwiBird

Lifetime Sponsor
Dang! Hope you guys heal up - all I got this weekend was a bit of sunburn.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

motox757

Lifetime Sponsor
Jay and Gene,
Get well soon. Hope the both of you can get healed up before the DW'02. (I have yet to send in my registration. Will probably wait until the 3rd week in August before I make a decision to go or not to DW'02...)

Originally posted by mx547
i'm home, i'm tired, i'm hurting. more details tomorrow.
Jay, let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Mason and I are still planning on going to Ascot this weekend. Does Kendall need a ride?

BTW, how can I give that mojo you recently gave me back to you? :)

j/k

...lame attempt at humor...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
Originally posted by motox757
Does Kendall need a ride?

kendall is going to see britney spears that weekend. i might go with you if i'm getting around pretty good.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Can I go with Kendall? I saw the way Britney was looking at me in her last video and I want to talk to her about it.

Village Creek has claimed many a riders body parts and a few riders as well. I miss the Saturday Nite Flites but not the carnage.
Heal up...nothing like a few bone and cartilage breaks to make you a better weather forecaster!

tx246

Subscriber
i like vc for its technical stuff. i prefer that kind of track because it is usually not a "speed" is everything kind of a track. at vc you sometimes have to go slow to go fast (or finish a moto). ive been on dirtbikes for 11yrs and this is my first red cross injury. ill do whatever it takes to get back :aj:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Damnit Gene! I am glad I didn't go.. although Sunday morning was not that much better on my side of town.

Remember Rick? the guy that broke all those bones at the Badlands? Well he is back on the bike... 3 weeks now. Still in pain but riding great. We were at Shady Grove and fighting for position and he left it open a little too long... over jumped a BIG table top step down triple... FLAT landed did a no footer over the next table top due to the pain.... rode off the track and fell over. He drove home, as he did last time, got in the bath tub but got i so much pain he had to call a neighbor to come help him out... ht eneighbor gets ill looking at the lump on his leg and calls 911. Rick had a compression fracture (shattered) the Tibia. Surgery yesterday morning, lots of screws and out till December.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Man, thats terrible. It seems like everyone is going down due to injury. Both my bikes are sitting in the garage dirty, begging to be washed and polished up. I'm afraid to even get near them.

biglou

Man, that sucks about Rick, David. I'll bet money that he was telling the guy that helped him out of the tub just how bad he was puttin' it on ya, though! :D Then he prolly called twinkie on his way to the hospital to tell him, too!