Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
As I get older I've learned to spin a mean yarn, even if I have to embelish on the story. This is especially true since I can no longer afford to spend all my energy to make sure that I am faster than Goober, I mean Gomez, eer Gomer. Instead, I now spend my energy hunting down unsuspecting women. This has lead to a decline in my ability to podium as is shownn in the following epic video (www.dpo.uab.edu/~tnagy/Maplesville.wmv).

Yours truly, the Old Salty Dog or Lazy Lemming, take your pick.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Lemming said:
, I now spend my energy hunting down unsuspecting women.
You guys will understand what that means when Lemming invites you to go 'clubbing'.

Attachments

• caveman.gif
    caveman.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
So I come out of retirement and now everyone gets quiet. Let me guess, you've started a new thread that I don't have access to and have set a new date for the Southern Spodefest :coocoo:

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Hey y'all. Sorry I have been awol. Been busy editing Gomer's inappropriate posts on GOR and buying stuff off **** to keep the ol' KX in one piece and running. Had to hold her together with zip ties and electrical tape at the track last weekend. True story. But I digress.

Aonia has a nice little 5/8-3/4 mile pee wee track great for the kids. Or if they want more challenge but don't desire the risk of getting landed on out on the mx track, they can roll all the jumps on the sx track. No one rides the sx track much, and you can often ride it for hours straight with the track all to yourself while there are 20-30 folks on the mx track. Don't ask me why- no one likes the sx track but Gomey and me. I guess we are just weird. But you knew that already. :P

Aonia is cheap. $15 a day gets you mx+sx+buncha trails+showers+bike wash spot+camping. Whatta deal. :)

It is like $5 or $10 for electrical hookup, the funny plug them thar rv types (AKA GOmer) drive.

For $20 extra we will tie Gomer and Ivan to my hitch hauler and let you roost them with gravel in the parking lot to your hearts content. I am not responsible for hospital bills and/or shredded Michelins. :)

I sure would like to see some DW type contests- longest most erect wheelie, pit bike races (does a modded KTM65 with DEP pipe, porting, reeds, carb etc qualify? :D ), barrell races, night time sx races (no lights of course), etc. I am certainly open for suggestions.

Expect Gomer to bring his grill. I will even bring my George Foreman electric low fat grill for you healthy eater types.

And for another extra $20 I will keep Lemming away from you at night. (Ever noticed how the victim convulses uncontrollably when you zap him with a stun gun- ooops, I am digressing again).

ps- Yankees are welcome. Plenty of room for all. :) See ya in 3 weeks.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Hmm, kinda quiet here. What is the level of interest? How many folks plan to attend?

FYI, the track and trails were pretty rough last weekend. I think I will call the owner and see if things will be fixed up by next weekend...

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
2+" of rain in the last 24 hours. :( More forecast for Monday and Thursday and Friday. :( Do y'all like mud as much as Gomer does? :)

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I've been ordered to not participate in motocross (racing or practice) by my command. Considering I only have about 2 1/2 more months here I'm trying to honor that. My hopes are that when I do finish here they'll move me to Beaufort, SC....we'll see end of May or early June. Have fun guys!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Yeah, we have a carrier deck painted on the runways...although using the optical landing system ("meatball") is the most important practice we get.

This will be my "initial boat qualification" <knock on wood>.

Meatball

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I have to help the girlfriend move into her new place this weekend, so there's no chance of an eastward lemming migration for this spodefest :ohmy:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
JuliusPleaser said:
A couple of sedatives for Wrench would probably be a good idea as well.

:yikes:

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
jboomer said:
I've been ordered to not participate in motocross (racing or practice) by my command. Considering I only have about 2 1/2 more months here I'm trying to honor that. My hopes are that when I do finish here they'll move me to Beaufort, SC....we'll see end of May or early June. Have fun guys!

Did they prohibit trail riding too?

Aonia has lots fo trails...

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
High Lord Gomer said:
30% chance today (Monday) and maybe some more Friday: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/US...ecasts&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none

(I think Joe uses http://HeyBubbaIzzitGonnaRain.com )

jboomer...I think your right to hold off for a couple more months. If you move to Beaufort, you'll have lots of nice neighbors! ;)

We'll be there! Of course, I'm not going to work on any of the bikes until we get there, though.

I'm still not capable of riding, but might putt around a little.

First Gomer teases me on my Bubba truck, now on my Bubba weather service. Can't win for losing. By the way, have there ever been any rainy muddy spodefests?

Don't believe a word Gomer says about inability to ride. He rode just fine a week ago... And the bikes were all fixed up and ready to go [shortly after] arrival.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Honestly, that was one *fine* bubba truck! What kind of mileage did you end up getting?

I guess that big, gas-guzzling V6 is the reason you have an hour radius to riding areas.

Lemming, how long can it take to move her from one pasture to another?

As far as muddy SpodeFests...the first one at Bremen had slightly moist conditions...

Attachments

• mud_1.jpg
    mud_1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 190

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
High Lord Gomer said:
Honestly, that was one *fine* bubba truck! What kind of mileage did you end up getting?

I guess that big, gas-guzzling V6 is the reason you have an hour radius to riding areas.

Lemming, how long can it take to move her from one pasture to another?

As far as muddy SpodeFests...the first one at Bremen had slightly moist conditions...

GOt almost 10. :)

ummm, v6???

I won't touch the pasture comment- Lemming can fend for himself

I assume the muddy bike was tooner's fault? :)

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Trails will be closed per the owner. He says the GNCC race tore it up too bad, then they got a bunch of rain SUnday. Gomer and I saw how bad the trails were a week ago so i am not surprised.

I advised Perry the mx track was too muddy a week ago and he said he has been plowing and tilling it but it is still too muddy today. Hopefully the Thursday Friday rain will pass Aonia by and it will be dried up some.

I mentioned to Perry the big mud spot at the top of the SX track and in the middle of the whoops and hopefully that will be fixed by Saturday. He says he has someone coming in to fix up the track any day now, for the upcoming qualifier (LLQ?).

Just wanted everyone to know status so no one gets upset by lack of trail riding. I will say that maybe we can ride the old trails on the west side of the property some...

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Gomer and I made an executive decision at 22:00 EST that Suthin Spodefest is postponed due to the fact that Lemming and Jboomer are unavailable and Wrench is bikeless and MXTooner has been awol and Ivan roosted me the last time we rode. Really. It had nothing to do with the lack of trails or the track condition. Honest.

Gomer made me say that. :)

We talked about the need to get more formal about this and set up some actual events. Besides the longest wheelie contest. :)

If there is interest in making this happen please advise. I am sorry I have been so uninvolved but I seem to have taken on too much in the last couple months- work stuff, a USFS OHV site, family stuff, the list goes on and on. :(

Excuse mode off now. Ideas? Suggestions?

Top Bottom