Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Definately family oriented, that's why they make JP and I camp at least 1/4 mile away;)

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Joe, ask away.

Ok, I'll tell you, it's because of the groupies that tend to follow us around :laugh:

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Hmmm, groupies... Kinda like the big shot rock stars and pro wrestlers get? ;)

ps- spoke to a human being at Aonia yesterday, the gate girl (as opposed to great groupie) and she said she would have Larry call me. No word yet...... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Aw shucks .... let's just have it at the MONSTER again ... only in warmer weather than the last time!
Joe, if you see Lemming with some Heat~N~Eat Burrito's, don't ask any questions ... just don't be around him 30 minutes later!

wrench

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Gotcha. ;)

Aonia dude still hasn't called. DP works for me, its only 45 min from my house and has tons of trails, 2 mx tracks, a pee wee track and drag strip too. But it is kinda pricey... See website.

Re: Monster, I assume this is what you are talking about? http://www.monstermountain.com/home.htm
Looks awesome, but no trails for the tree bangers? :lol: Does the Carolina crowd mind driving all the way to Bama? Or would Bremen (right off I20) be a better choice???

Or is there anyone here with a private track and trails willing to donate said facilities for the cause for a weekend? Use that $ for beer I mean soda instead of riding and camping fees. ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Joe,

We have driven to Bama twice so the distance usually is not a problem. Since you are planning it here is some freindly advice... just decide what is easier for you to plan, try to get fair prices if you can from wherever and pick a date. The rest we will work out on our own.

This is why I would pick TNT if I was planning. It is easier for me to plan with TNT b/c I know the owner. Since you are planning just pick a place, tell us the details and we'll do everything we can to get there.

I think DP will be fine. It is usually only a Saturday / Sunday deal so $40 for the two days sounds good to me (not sure about the others but I'm sure they'll pipe up). Personally, I would like to get me a cabin as well.

Ivan

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Okay, DP it is unless someone objects and has a persuasive argument against it. I will call Mike McCommons out there middle of this week and start the wheels in motion.

Plus I just noticed DP has $15/day deal for 3 or more days. I guarantee dp has more than enough trails and tracks to keep anyone in dirtbiking ecstacy for 3 days! And I have a 65 acre leased hunting and trailriding tract in Greshamville only 30 minutes away if anyone wants to save $, do some primitive camping, and ride some SERIOUSLY tight 1st gear technical trails in the evening after dp. Plus I have a kid friendly easy 1/3 mile circle loop too.

By the time of the event I should have more trails cut in, plus maybe a couple jumps if I can find a skid steer or a front end loader (too tight access for a dump truck...) Be aware that this option exists only for those who have 4wd (2wd if it is dry and you have good tires and weight over the driving tires) and don't mind a few scratches. The entrance is narrow and stealth, and I want to keep it that way... :) My son and I go out there almost every weekend, cut trails, have a campfire, ride, and traipse through the woods. Very peaceful back there.

So let me know the level of interest in this proposal. Also Town Creek will be open in early April, it is half way between Greshamville and Dp, and has a nice 7 mile bike only one way loop (plus a shorter ATV friendly loop). Kinda rutty, but they are fixing that supposedly, and it is only a $5 cost. Just in case someone wants to stay an extra day and do something different...

I am thinking early May, before it gets too hot to camp and before the mosquitos get too out of hand, but after the pollen lets up some. Just let me know...

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
DP sounds great. May is a busy month for the SERA circuit, the only weekends without a race that month are the 9th and 23rd. My vote is for the 9th!!!!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I have actually calendared 7th to 9th. I suspect some folks will be "sick" that Friday. :) I have pm'd some GOR folks too, since apparently that is ok. :lol:

So Steve- the ride from NC isn't too daunting? ;)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I've been wanting to do Durhamtown for a while, as well as Monster Mountain. You make it happen I'll be there 7th to the 9th.
Not much I can do on my end other than practice drinking at night, make up stupid jokes, and sit on my bike and make 2 stroke sounds, but if I can help let me know.

brcrk

Feb 23, 2004
joereitman said:
How bout Aonia? Track, SX each evening, 13 mi trails, Pee wee, nice facilities. Whadaya think?
Hey Joe

You live close to Aonia?

And thanks for the referal

Last edited:

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
65 minutes from Aonia. :)

And only 45 from DP. :)

And 30 from Town Creek and Monroe offroad ranch. Yes, I am blessed. :)

Ivan- glad the date works.

Steve- as long as they are 2 stroke and not 4 stroke sounds. :lol: Appreciate the offer of help. I think we are good for now- I have pm'd Tweeked/Vic, who is a big time GOR dude, who now works at DP, and I think he may help us some.

Do we need a theme of some sort for this gig? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited:

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
As much as I would like to attend, I doubt I will make it. I am self-employed, and business is terrible. I am committed to taking the kid to the Sandlapper Junior Enduro this weekend, and the Dream House Charity Ride, if funds allow.

Who knows, maybe business will jump dramatically..........if not, Jump that triple once for me, have that extra adult beverage {if your not driving} and tell a few extra lies around the fire!!! I dont know what I like better, the riding, or the relaxing 'round the fire.....

Robert

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Suthin Spodefest. I like that. :)

ob1- hope things pick up. Should be fun- I have gotten some replies from some of my GOR friends.

If y'all want to meet some GOR'ers, it looks like they/we will be getting together at Bremen March 13. The more the merrier!

cbob

Feb 4, 2004
Joe - Thanks for pingin me on the GOR net. Now I have Mar 13 Bremen and May 7-9 (TBD) on my calendar. No guarantee I'll go, but thanks for thinkin of me!

My bike is molting.

- c bob

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Oh my- I just read this: http://www.motosports-boise.com/rmd/idahospode.htm

Time to start planning the wheelie, stoppie, log (or 55 gal drum) jumping, creek crossing, distance roosting, standing on the seat, night riding, hill climbing, and mud bogging contests (not all at the same time though, unless y'all are into that kinda thang... ;) ). I am open to all semi-reasonable suggestions. :)

And I need some feedback on whether folks will "camp" at Dp each nite, or whether one or more nights will be primitive camping on my lease property (which by the way will accomodate all the aforementioned contests, except maybe the mud boggin (drains pretty well...). If primitive camping, will get a porta potty and a generator and icebox out there. :) Thanks.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
In case anyone wonders- no ORV sticker or spark and sound requirements nor Safety training required (although the latter is adviseable..)

And for the kids Roswell Dirt Rider (Dave Harris- number one Motocross Academy) would probably be willing to do a class or 2 over the weekend at Dp. He does them all the time and is a very good teacher. He even lets Dad go ride while he trains the youngins... :)

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Just got a call from Vic (tweeked) at DP- he says they are wide open for May 7-9, although it does tend to get crowded there on weekends. So if ya gonna stay there, make reservations now. He was enthused about the concept, and also suggested flat tire barrel racing and blindfolded idling toward a bamboo pole with a raw egg tied to it. I'm down with all that!! And he felt Dave Harris would be available to teach the little 'uns while we hightail it down the blue and red trails. He suggested posting something about the spodefest on GOR and maybe Thumpertalk too, about 3 weeks or so in advance. If that is ok wit y'all. :)

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Sounds great. I'm off the to store tonight to begin stockpiling my "heat and eat" burritoes :flame:

Top Bottom