wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Cool, thanks for the hard work!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
de nada man. Just some phone calls, its all good. By the way, I will call Perry soon and ask him about track prep. It was prepped really well when we were there in late November, so I would be shocked if it was not this time, but I will check. They tend to disk and water quite frequently, so it should be good.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Aonia sounds great. Plus I won't be tempted to break a leg on the MX track if'n I'm paying to ride trails :eek:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
There's nothing at Aonia than any self respecting Lemming can't waddle over. (Do all Lemmings waddle, or is it just Tim?)

Seriously, the landings are all forgiving enough and smooth enough that you will have a safe and fun time on the track.

Joe...I'm *so* happy that you got it arranged at Aonia. I've never been to DP, but Aonia is a top-notch operation. I don't normally do trails, but the trails there are the best I've ridden (this side of Colorado).

Robert...does this change your plans?

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
Well, it makes it more possible.
Business isnt picking up yet... I am considering leaving the ranks of the self-employed. As it sits now, I cant make it. I may not make the charity ride either. The two tanks of gas to get there and back equals 2 weeks of gas in normal use. I had to hitch a ride to get my daughter to the Cherokee Junior Enduro.

My recreational priorities are 1.Charity ride, 2.Spodes ride. Nothing personal, but my daughter and I have been planning to go and helping get the word out about the charity ride since November.
This time last year, doing both wouldnt have been a problem.

If I dont make this one, theres always next year. Wish it were different! I havent had a recreational ride since December!

Robert

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Maybe we need to start a Robert fund. :) Ivan owes Vic/Tweeked a free day of riding but if Vic can't come since he is so busy at DP..... I might even chip in a little! ;)

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
No, I would have to refuse that!! Funds should be reserved for more important things.
If y'all did that, I would FedEx a life size cardboard photo cut out of myself to Suthun Spodefest so I would be present, well maybe not, cardboard makes great tinder for that campfire.....

If I can be there I will. If not, no need for heroic measures.
But thanks for the thought!!

Robert

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Robert,

Since you wouldn't accept, I will be glad to cover your kid for the weekend of riding if you like... that way you get a rebate.

Consider it a Suthin SF sponsorship for her.

Ivan

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
All I can say is that I'll be there as long as I can do both events as I planned.
If I can only make one, it will be the Dream House ride, because I have been planning to attend since November. If I cant make either, you can be sure that you will see me at a future event.

You wont be missing too much! I look like Hank Hill without glasses, with a ponytail. I talk like Tom Bodette, but with a much larger vocabulary. And I ride like Kramer, but less coordinated.

Seriously guys, if I dont make this one I will probably make the next. Thanks for the thoughts. Like I said, have an extra beverage and tell a good lie around the campfire Saturday night!

Robert

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Ride like Kramer- man I would like to see that!!!!

Maybe we need to go ahead and have some of the extracurricular riding events. Robert could really liven those up!!! He ought to do real well in the endo I mean stoppie contest!

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
HLG - lemmings only waddle in the woods at high speed. Of course since trees are not part of the Tundra environment, lemmings tend to hit them and fall down.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Lemming said:
HLG - lemmings only waddle in the woods at high speed. Of course since trees are not part of the Tundra environment, lemmings tend to hit them and fall down.
I think it is the "weebles" that wobble but they Don't fall down! :thumb:

wrench

sammygor

Mar 14, 2003
I get confused easy. I guess I have hit my head too many times. Are the dates May 7-9 ? The reason I ask is cause Mothers Day is the the 9th. I will have to work extra hard for a kitchen pass that weekend. But for a Spodefest she will HAVE to understand. Also are most folks going to show up friday night or saturday morning ?

HoleshotHank

Jan 27, 2003
I have been looking forward to this since I first saw it scheduled until I also noticed the Mother's Day thing. I will try to plan on Friday night through late Saturday afternoon. I love Aonia........

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Friday night through mid-Sunday afternoon for me. That is unless you guys get so sick of me that you toss me out. The problem is that you have to catch me to do that:)

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Mothers day!?!?!?! Uh Oh, faux paux (did I spell that right?) in my household. I guess we should celebrate it a week early? Why cut short a spodefest... :)

Lemming I'll bet Gomey can catcha. He has Aonia down pat, unless he has been photo (video?) shopping those helmet cam videos... Hmmm...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Up until Lemming fell down and got a boo-boo, I didn't have much for him. Now that his nurtz have shrunk-up, I might be able to embarass the old geezer.

Joe...any luck getting Dennis to come?

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
HLG - I won't even have an MX bike with me so there's no chance of you showing me up. Of course, you could always follow me into the woods :laugh:

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Remind me not to get anywhere near Lemming and Mike while they are on motorcycles...:)

Mike- just left Dennis a long voice mail inviting him- thought I overheard y'all discussing it Sunday. So now I have made the invite formal. Will advise!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I expect to have a surprise guest present on the 8th. Details to follow...

ps- I am calling my Aonia contact tonight to confirm some information, including location of camping in relation to shower and bathrooms, can we do a campfire, etc. Any questions y'all want asked, let me know.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for arranging all this Joe. It should be a great time.

I would start posting this on other boards if you have time. I can do it for you but it is always best to come from the organizer so you can answer the questions.

Ivan

Top Bottom