special request for a special kid

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I have a favor to ask for a kid very dear to my heart. His name is Jacob, my nephew's best friend for many years. His family stayed with us on our ranch when their house burned down three years ago. And last June, he was electrocuted by a downed power line.

I am sorry I've been AWOL. And I do not like the fact that I've come out of hiding to ask for something. But this is different. Jacob is my family. And I hope that I'm still family here, too.

He is coming home next week, and of all things, he's mortified by the special helmet he's being required to wear. The flap of meat stapled to his head is no big deal, though... go figure. He asked my sister (some of you met her husband Ryan at Dirt Week) to paint it for him, but she has no idea how to do that at all. We could easily dig up the $400-500 bucks it would cost to pay someone, but that's not how things have been coming together for Jacob. And to be frank, I'm hoping for something more special than that anyway. If anyone has the talent and free time, or knows someone else who does - it would mean the world to me.

please feel free to email me - jeff@dashertechnologies.com, or my sister - reneeoa@cruzio.com

For more info about Jacob and his story -

http://journeythroughfire.blogspot.com/2009_06_28_archive.html

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I wish I had the skills or a connection to make this happen for Jacob. I wish you the best of luck in your quest and if it comes down to covering the cost I'd be happy to make the first contribution.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Might try a mass email to Troy Lee Designs...
Welcome Home, Zio!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I got somebody I might know Zio, hang loose for a bit.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Let me do some talkin' to my guy . . . I'll see what I can do for your little dude, Z

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
thank you, guys. means so much just that you're willing to try. I used to know a guy who painted tanks for choppers & other stuff, but he's long gone.

I can do very basic, hack-job stuff... not much better than Pred's artwork years ago.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
zio said:
I can do very basic, hack-job stuff... not much better than Pred's artwork years ago.
oh, *my* artwork hasn't changed a bit. Trust me, I'll work on getting someone much better than me on it.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
XRpredator said:
oh, *my* artwork hasn't changed a bit.

you were the "challenged" Microsoft Paint artist, no? I'm not talking about the lids you did for your youngins...

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Maybe we could cover it with Moto stickers if nothing turns up with the paint if he is into that sort of thing! I have a ton in the garage. Everyone could cough up a few we could cover it. My talent in that area is prolly worse than Preds!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
yeah, I aided in the design for the young'un's lids, but my bud painted 'em. I just talked to him this weekend at the fair, and he's up for it. Phantom Industries is going to step up.

Now, what's the theme? Any ideas will help. Also, what's the lid look like? Let's get this party started!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
XRpredator said:
Now, what's the theme? Any ideas will help. Also, what's the lid look like? Let's get this party started!

Pred, I don't know what to say, except that I knew someone would come through. :yeehaw: I'm sure more words will come later.

My sister said he wants a camel on a magic carpet. Probably the more off-the-wall, the better. He's nutty, even w/o bitchin' pain meds.

I haven't seen it yet, I'll ask her to bring it over. And I can get it to you Tuesday.

Top Bottom