Douglas

Nov 29, 2000
I use a Sigma bicycle speedometer and odo, they are available from Performance bicycle nationwide. You just run wires down your brake hose, place the pick up on the front brake mount, and epoxy the magnet on your disc............they cost $19.95 and have been totally reliable.

Steve F.

Mar 2, 2000
The Topeak Panoram from www.trailtech.net works great & has several other features as well.It is easy to install, all you need is a drill & a 1/8" bit.The pick up is a little slow but I have herd that mounting another magnet 180 degrees from the other one makes it quicker but I have not tried it yet.I have trail blaze tested this thing through some serious brush & small trees & have had no problems.Definetly worth checking out.

Steve F. 98 KTM 300EXC

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
The Trailtech Panoram is great & the installation is super easy.

------------------
Regards
Reon

1999 KTM200EXC
1990 KTM125EXC

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Ditto on TrailTech.net and their Topeak Panoram. It's the only way to go.

Geoff at TrailTech has done an excellent job with his hardened mounting kit for motorcycles and he also knows more about the computer than the manufacturer of the unit! The display on the Topeak Panoram is easy to read while riding with multiple readings that are displayed all at once e.g. instantaneous speed, ride time, ride distance and clock.

The only downside is that the instructions that came with mine are not that great. Topeak is supposedly working on a new set of instructions that will make programming it easier.

You won't be disappointed should you try one.

------------------
No Brain, No Pain!!!
01' KTM 400 E/XC
01' Yamaha TTR-125L
01' Yamaha TTR-90
00' Honda XR50R

KTMDan

Mar 23, 2001
How long does the battery last in these speedos? Also, any calibration for wheel size to get the readings to be right? (Like on mountian bike speedo's)

KTMDan

Mar 23, 2001
How long does the battery last in these speedos? Also, any calibration for wheel size to get the readings to be right? (Like on mountian bike speedo's)

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by KTMDan:

KTMDan,

I've got 5 months on the battery right now and no problem yet. The Panoram has an Auto-off power saving feature that kicks in if the sensor does not sense a pulse within about a 30 minute period.

As far as wheel calibration, yes you need to determine your actual wheel circumference and plug in that number in millimeters. It's simple.
1. Mark a spot on your front tire,
2. Set that spot (point #1) on the floor of your garage or driveway,
3. Mark the surface of the garage or driveway with a chalk mark,
4. Roll the bike forward one full revolution of the front tire in a straight line,
5. Bring the mark on the tire back to the point where it meets the ground (point #2)
6. Measure the distance between Point #1 and Point #2 in millimeters.
7. Enter that number in the correct spot and check it for accuracy.

------------------
No Brain, No Pain!!!
01' KTM 400 E/XC
01' Yamaha TTR-125L
01' Yamaha TTR-90
00' Honda XR50R

Top Bottom