oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Compared to Tokyo lodging and food could be paid with your pocket lint.
Don't look for 5 star (3 even) in the Casey area- rooms about 10 miles away ran in the range around $40-50. The best times from what I gathered were right there camping at the track.
Flying in best direct to Chicago (Unless Indianapolis is an international entry point)

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
Most people camped out last time. If you want to get a hotel room in the area, you should probably make reservations as soon as the location and date is verified (if it is at Casey). Last year Effingham had it's annual Corvette show the same weekend as the Spodefest. If this is the case again this year, it may be difficult to find a hotel room nearby if you wait until the last minute. There was over 5,000 entries in the Corvette show last year and it grows every year. Effingham is about 30 miles from Casey.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Wow we would have a new longest travel award winner!!!

If you seen the posts following the last one you know how much fun it was. This yeaer should be bigger and better!!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
WorldWideRacer, glad to hear to plan to make the journey. I stayed in a motel in Casey last year. It aint bad for 40 a night. Cable Tv, hot shower and indoor plumbing. If Casey is the decided location I will post the name and phone # for the place we stayed at. Its less than 10 minutes away from the track.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Last year Woodsrider got a room and some of us kicked in to pay for it so that we could get a shower. After three days there was a peculiar smell in the air ... must have been all of that corn!
tongue.gif

wrench

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
How much are tents over there (dome tents if you get them)? I'm trying to work out how much to save to get there this year & would want to do it on the real cheap.

The other thing is would there be spare bikes available for one total spode (me) & one spode (Henk)?

It would be real cool to meet as many as possible, but at this stage don't know if we will be able to make it (Henk's a bit more receptive to the idea this year hehe). The woman's ride would be awesome, but unfortunately way too soon.
Michelle

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
NEXT QUESTION:

My (never-rode-a-bike-in-her-life) wife may be drug along and wants to know a few details before she decides to go.
#1: How many other women/wives will be going?
#2. What other events are there to keep you busy (if riding everyday gets to be too much)?
#3: How large/far away is the nearest town?

I know, it is probably a little early to be able to answer these questions, but I would appreciate any info I can get ASAP.

------------------
Paul
'97 YZ250
'86 VFR400R
Mechanical "nut"

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by WWR:
My (never-rode-a-bike-in-her-life) wife may be drug along and wants to know a few details before she decides to go.
#1: How many other women/wives will be going?

There were several wives in attendance and I am sure more will attend this year

#2. What other events are there to keep you busy (if riding everyday gets to be too much)?

We had alot of people help out running events that they were not interested.
It was a HUGE help

#3: How large/far away is the nearest town?
Charleston is 25 minutes away and has everything you will need. (assuming its in the same place as last year)

I know, it is probably a little early to be able to answer these questions, but I would appreciate any info I can get ASAP.

B

biglou

It has been my experience that help or assistance of any kind is there for the asking. Especially at the 'fest. Those that went last year will be an invaluble source of info for this year's event if it is at LTM. We are planning on staying for a day or two longer this year and also getting a room. We will help out in any way we can. Last year's 'fest was one of the best times I've ever had. This is a great little family we have here.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Exactly what is spodefest. Sounds like a interesting event! Is it MX or trails or what? Will a TT-R250 be able to run in it? Just curious and sometime when will it be and where just an approximation! I will have to tell my dad about this event and maybe we might be able to hook up with all you DRN's

------------------
"Ride Hard, Die Free"
--TTR-250 MX--

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
A spodefest is the funnest thing you can particiapte in on two wheels. No one cares if you are fast or slow or if you are riding a new bike or an old beater. AJ was tearing up the track on a 125L last year and Offroader was riding an xr100 from time to time. If it is at LTM, Casey, There is a nice motocross track, trails and a natural terrain grass track.

Last year Wardy gave a riding seminar, we had a bunch of give aways, poker runs (night and day), motocross races, harescrambles and a lot of open riding for anyone any time.

I had never been in an atmosphere like at the Spodefest before. It was like hanging out with a bunch of old friends and you could ride as much or as little as a guy could stand. If you needed something there was always some one there to lend a hand.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Hey Paul,

I get to Japan fairly often for my work (although I don't bring my bike).

Next time i get over there (should be next week) it would be great to get together and talk dirt biking - do you get to ride much in Japan?

------------------
'99 KDX200 (mine)
'01 TT-R125L (Wendy's)

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
Next question:

What requirements are there for bike registration? Spark arrestor requirements?

------------------
Paul
'97 YZ250
'86 VFR400R
Mechanical "nut"

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Are travel trailers with generators allowed?? Children??? Don't you guys love all these stupid questions??

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I was wondering about the trailers too! From the pictures of last years there where quit afew, but couldnt tell if they where just trailors or campers.

Chuck

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Aj didn't sabotage anybody's generator (this time), did he?

Children are welcome. The little kids seem to enjoy it almost as much as the big kids.

This year I'll be bringing a turkey fryer, too. ...and an electric knife!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Hahaha ..High Lard Gomer!
No I did not sabotage any generators at SF!
always remember- ::deny deny deny::::

I think your silencer packing skills need honed up though?

It is truely a great time !
I think if you read through the posts after
the riders and families got back last year you will see the impression it left on most everyone -BIG FUN.

To those that are just contemplating going-
don't MISS IT!

Michelle.. I'm sure bikes could be lined up for you and Henk ,if you make the long trip...
and I have a good 8x10 tent with camping gear you are more than welcome to as well!!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Michelle, Henk, WWR and co - All you need do is get there, the DRN'rs will take care of the rest.

Yes, bring the kids, my six year old had a wonderful time.

I can still remember when it was time to take the group photo, and we were riding down the track, when suddenly the track filled with bikes, my little ones eyes filled with tears - he thought we were going to race and he was terrified (dad forgot to tell him we were just there for the photo shoot !!)
wink.gif
- well this year he can't wait to go to the fest. We stayed at the local comfort inn which was only 10 mins from the track. This year we may camp out.

Yup, this year is going to be a winner, and this time I plan on spending a few more days at the fest as well.

OH yes, the DRZ has new dunlop 606's as well - so I am prepared for anything, mud, sand, rivers etc. This time I can't wait to do some serious bundu bashing.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Michelle,
If I can convince my husband (how's that for a switch!) that he needs to spend some hard-earned vacation time for another Spodefest, I'll definitely bring the KDX with. It's all ready to ride for us short folks!
smile.gif

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Okay, next dumb question. How much spending money do we need? (food, gas, etc)

Are there decent bike shops nearby to buy gear from? (I want an excuse to update my gear, but still won't go for green lol)

We'd need to be members of the AMA? Can we do that online?

Lori, if I can convince Henk we "need" to go over, I'm sure you can convince Dave he needs to be there
wink.gif

Michelle

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom