Status
Not open for further replies.

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
I am new to this spodefest thing but I have a suggestion. A very good friend of mine owns Oakhill MX Park outside of Fort Worth. It has an awesome sand MX track with long lap times and a lot terrain changes. I think it's the best track in the 5 state area. There is also 200 acres out back. I am pretty sure he would be willing to open his gates for day of organized fun riding. It would be great if it was the same weekend as the Dallas Supercross. Kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. If there is any time left over between those two events there are plenty of other distractions/restaurants/clubs etc. to keep everone happy. It's an idea.

Cameron

[This message has been edited by cp380sx (edited 02-16-2001).]

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Just where outside of Fort Worth is Oak Hill?

------------------
"Nature Boy"

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Oak Hill is about 45 miles Northwest of Fort Worth off of US Hwy 287, about 12 miles North of Decatur, Texas. I have ridden there since the early 80's and it has some pretty decent terrain and the MX track is a blast!
If we get to ride the entire piece of land there is a little bit of everything: woods, hills, gullies, straights, rocks, sand. And the parking/camping area is fairly flat and drains well in case of rain. It gets my vote.

------------------
You weren't born knowing this stuff.

Irish MXer

May 15, 2000
I would be intrested. Does this track have a web site?

------------------
Irish MXer
Mike McCasland
00'CR250 #59

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
There is no web site but any questions can be answered by me. I can forward them on to the owner as we speak on a daily basis.

Cameron

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Something kind of funny happened. Just out of curiosity I emailed Village Creek to see if their facilities might be available for a DFW Spodefest and the response I got was NO!
I emailed back and said OK, thanks anyway, I'll let the folks at DRN know. I got an email back from them saying to give them a date and they would reconsider and "that's from the boss."
I guess they've heard of us.
smile.gif

------------------
"Nature Boy"

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
No offense but Village Creek would probably be at the bottom of tracks to ride at in our area. The soil has a lot of clay and is hard pack. Also there are very few terrain changes that make up a good track. It is all man made and the track is rather short. There are some nice big jumps but that's it. I'd take the sandy loam of Mosier Valley or Oakhill any day over VC. My 2 cents.

Jeff, I see you are down by Waco. To give you an idea of what Oakhill MX is like, the terrain and soil are very similar to Lake Whitney MX.

Cameron

[This message has been edited by cp380sx (edited 02-19-2001).]

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
mega-dittoes on all that. from what i can see, oak hill- now that jerry surber is no longer the owner- looks to be the new lake whitney of north texas. hmmmm....let's see, surber used to own whitney also...hmmmm...

ah, anyway, the new owners are building pipe fence and have completely re-done the parking area. they are clearly putting money into making what was aleady a great track into a truly first-class facility. oh, and even the main road into the area has been repaired- it was VERY bad.

however, don't leave your forearms at home. this is an ironman's track!

------------------
will pattison
engineer, racer
ignition
www.ignitioninc.com

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Actually, I didn't have a spodefest in mind when I first asked V.C. if they offered thier track for private use but when they responded "NO" I thought who in thier right mind would turn down business without getting some details. I guess what I did was more for spite than anything else but they quickly change there answer to "send me some dates to consider." I havn't replied yet and probably won't but I bet it got thier attention.
tongue.gif

I've never been to Oak Hill but it sounds like a cool place. Any idea when it is, I'll try to schedule it in.

------------------
"Nature Boy"

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
count me and NoMo in. We will be at the Dalls SX on Sat. but should be able to meet Sunday afternoon or any other weekend. We have enough DRN'ers in this area we should start trying to organize a few rides.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
who is L_B_z? Is he another one of your alter egos TAraker?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
if i can make it, i will go to whatever track you guys pick. in regards to a previous post, i have ridden at mosier valley and village creek and i liked village creek much better. just a matter of personal preference.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
COUNT ME IN!!!! As long as it is after July....recvovering from an ACL reconstruction. Figure out the when and where and I can contact then about doing it....if you want my help.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Show 'nuff. Just make sure we get it in before the 100+ day drought season coming up.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook atMy Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
I'll be on the lake in July. It's too damn hot that time of year around here.

Cameron

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
How about the first weekend in May? Give everyone time to plan and still not be too hot. We should be mostly out of the rainy season by then. Is there a place to camp there for the night?
We could ask Thump to come to turn wrenches and critique (translate help) those of us who are usually objects for everyone else to practice lapping.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Count me in!

SloMo,
I don't know about trackside advice from the Thumpster... but he would make one hell of a "Pit Tootsie"!
tongue.gif

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Yeah "Hey pit Tootsie, make me a sandwhich and open this Gatorade bottle for me will 'ye?" :razz:

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook atMy Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

[This message has been edited by yarbonwick (edited 02-21-2001).]

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by yarbonwick:
Yeah "Hey pit Tootsie, make me a sandwhich and open this Gatorade bottle for me will 'ye?" :razz:
Twinnie, Twinnie, Twinnie....The Dallas SX is coming up pretty soon....do you need directions or would you like to follow me out the the 300 foot sign located by the big land mark we call Texas stadium. With as much riding as you have been doing I think you qualify as pit biotch more than I....I mean at least I have an excuse not to ride. When was the last time you rode?

Yarbon:
1) If I make you a sandwhich you have to eat it. (and you can not get any info from Twinnie as to how my mind works before the meal)

2) The Gatorade bottle will be open and waiting....it may be a bit warm and a brighter shade of yellow than the lemon/lime that was in there when you left....

3) If you are gonna give me a hard time at least get your UBB code right....WTF is :razz:? I think it is : p you are looking for.
tongue.gif

4) After a few beers I might even power wash your bike fer ya.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
ohhh, I think someone has developed some 'sensitivity' issues while he has been sitting around on his tookus...
tongue.gif

Come on Thump, be a sport. I'm sure these guys need all the help they can get!
eek.gif

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
gospeedracer’s Picture Page

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
so cp380sx, are you going to see if they will let this rowdy crowd in the door for the first weekend in May? Fill us in on the details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom