spoiler Glen Helen finally back outdoors

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okie's favorite sandbagger, 37 year old Mike Brown finishes 7th(!) against the men-children in the 450 class.

:yikes:

:cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ando400 said:
I wouldn't write Chad off just yet. By my reckoning this is only his second MX race in over two years, he didn't really start testing until late in the SX season, he took time off after the SX season, and yet he still set the third fastest lap time of the day.

If the gnarlier tracks are not his strength then he may have figured that he wasn't going to win anyway. All things considered I reckon he's probably happy with the way the race went.
Especially when RV took him to riding school! At the checkers? 30 some seconds back? Pffffft! If he gets a podium at this point, I will be shocked. I was looking for his whinyness to do a LOT better? He was the warrior you know?

Ando400

May 2, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Especially when RV took him to riding school! At the checkers? 30 some seconds back? Pffffft! If he gets a podium at this point, I will be shocked. I was looking for his whinyness to do a LOT better? He was the warrior you know?

Didn't say he would win, but I think he will get on the podium a lot. In moto 1 he was 41sec behind RV but the gap from Alessi in 2nd to Reed in 4th (13sec) was less than RV to Alessi (18sec). 30 secs or so is the gap that RC used to put on him a few seasons ago. Yes they are large gaps, and IF RV continues to ride with that form he will be hard to beat, however IF Chad can recapture some of his form of a few years ago he could take a moto or two away from RV and will probably regularly beat everyone else.

My main point was that of all the top riders Reed is arguably the least prepared and was probably happy to walk away with the result he got. Especially if, as I understand it, Glen Helen is the roughest of all the tracks.

Not sure what being a warrior has to do with it...?

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I agree... They were saying CR started practicing late, I dont know if he will be able to catch/beat RV but im sure he will be finishing 2nd or third at the end of the season.

I am actually kind of glad JBS did not race because it gets very boring watching the leader ride by himself 15 seconds ahead race after race. IMO

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Didn't Bailey say that CR had the fastest time in practice? That's something.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I got sick of Reed in SX. I used to be a fan now I just can't stand him. He just doesn't have anything for James. JS can beat him at will and Chad knows it. RV got him covered outside so he won't get that title either. He thought a MX without James was his ticket to a #1 plate, but I think the youngsters will have something to say about it. I think JLAW can run with RV and Alessi got the speed too. I look for CR to start making excuses just like SX. Can't wait for Wortham, got my spot all picked out.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
TRexRacing said:
If only the race was over in one lap.

:laugh:

:nod:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Philip said:
I got sick of Reed in SX. I used to be a fan now I just can't stand him. He just doesn't have anything for James. JS can beat him at will and Chad knows it. RV got him covered outside so he won't get that title either. He thought a MX without James was his ticket to a #1 plate, but I think the youngsters will have something to say about it. I think JLAW can run with RV and Alessi got the speed too. I look for CR to start making excuses just like SX. Can't wait for Wortham, got my spot all picked out.

I agree.

And J-Law is a usually pretty good rider when he makes it to the track. He seems to know enough not to get too dirty with it too.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
RV's best lap times at Glen Helen have been almost the exact same for the last two years on the 250!!! right at 2:32 Now I can't seem to fine what they were during the race on the 450, but I know they were faster than Chad's 2:33.9. from practice.

Now Stewart's Best lap times last year at Glen Helen were a 2:31.9 in one moto and 2:33.6 in the other..

Obvoiusly from year to year things change, but I'm not so sure Bubba would be riding around alone if he was out there this year. RV has always looked better to me outdoors than at SX.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
HiG4s said:
RV's best lap times at Glen Helen have been almost the exact same for the last two years on the 250!!! right at 2:32 Now I can't seem to fine what they were during the race on the 450, but I know they were faster than Chad's 2:33.9. from practice.

Now Stewart's Best lap times last year at Glen Helen were a 2:31.9 in one moto and 2:33.6 in the other..

Obvoiusly from year to year things change, but I'm not so sure Bubba would be riding around alone if he was out there this year. RV has always looked better to me outdoors than at SX.

The track had major changes this year (they often make minor changes year to year) and they also ran it backwards, so comparing this year to last does no good.

Also, last year the Lites raced first and the MX class was second. That was reversed this year.

During the race, the top riders were running 2:36 - 2:40 in the 450 class. Practice times are almost always going to be faster, as the riders need to pace themselves during the moto and the tracks get beat up.

FWIW, Ashley Fiolek the women's pro winner was lapping about 3:05 for a 10 minute + 1 lap moto. I think the woman's first moto was 15 minutes + 1 lap.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Holley jumped in to help too! Allisport.com and Davey Coombs, they are the ones pulling the string. They are having some sort of gala event the day/night before each national event, except Redbud for some odd reason(scared), ie:party and I am pretty sure I heard of bands playing also? So far, much better than when the ama was in charge! The bike circle asphalt race after the Saturday MX show had Sheehan announcing, I feel for them, not much!! HANGTOWN LIVE SATURDAY!!!! Just remembered, I got to watch the lites race on the dvr from this afternoon!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Tuesday comcast showed the 250's racing, and Wednesday the 450's. NOT! So the 450's turned out to be the lites race? I did finally get to see it! Barcia, WOW! Ratray was impressive also. And all these kids are as good on the track as in the interviews. Austin's a little /smarter out of the gate this year?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It definately was a great lites race. Where did that Barcia kid come from? It looks like we have a great generation of talent coming up now. Should be years of great racing ahead.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
TOOOO TALL said:
Can't wait till Red Bud
REDBUD!!! The Hangtown race is showing from 8~9pm cst, I will have to triple check that?"The event will be held this Saturday afternoon, May 30, with a live video coverage on www.allisports.com beginning just before 1 p.m. locally (4 p.m. ET). Fans of Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross can watch the first motos live and free, and then we get ready for the first-ever AMA Motocross National to air on live television as SPEED TV begins its coverage of the final 450 Class championship moto", Stole that from Allisport.com. Screw the tv, get the computer hooked up to the HDTV!

TOOOO TALL

Mar 20, 2007
I went to allisport website ,but could not find a link for the live webcast feed...please help.

Also I see on the schedule that Hangtown is on at 9:00 est on speed and live.How is that going to work.That would be 8:00 central...I'm confused :bang:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Did you sign up? http://www.allisports.com/events/hangtown-motocross-classic , The live feeds link will show up when its on. I agree, it is an odd site to say the least. The only LIVE race speed will show is the second 450 moto, hence the 8pm time slot, our time. Allisport is a real time feed, it should start around 1pm our time. Last week Allisport pumped out all the 1st motos live over the internet. For free! It was decent, this week its going to be on my big screen. Thank you high speed cheap comcast internet! They get me back by making me buy some screwy package to get the speed channel?

Top Bottom