sharp7277

Mar 12, 2002
I bought my little nephew a 2000 Kasea 50cc dirt bike ( I know its korean junk but it was only $600 brand new). It runs good except when you lean it to the side(turning) then it wants to stall. I thought it may be sticking floats so I took the carb off and cleaned it out really good and everything seems to work just fine in the carb. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? Im afraid he will spray paint my CRF 450 pink if i dont get the bike fixed for him! thanks.

MCMAN56

Sep 5, 2000
I had a similar problem with a JR50. It has a nonsymetric float and the float went bad. I could get it to run but it was lean when leaned to the right and would flood when leaned to the left. A new float solved the problem.

Where did you buy a new 50 for $600?

sharp7277

Mar 12, 2002
I guy was selling a bunch of them at his lawnmower shop and i offered him $600 for the 50 and he said take it. It has a JR 50 motor on it. But dam its like pulling teeth to get parts for it!

MCMAN56

Sep 5, 2000
It sounds like the same problem I had. The local Suzuki dealer said that the float was not available seperately and would sell the carb housing with float for $90. I found a new carb on e bay for the same price. However, after buying the carb I found a source for a float. Go to www.bikebandit.com and look up carb parts for a '92 JR50. It shows the float for about $15. The pivot shaft is peened into place but I'm sure you could remove it. To replace the shaft you could always peen it back, use epoxy or drill/ tap for small retaining screws. Before swapping parts, you may want to experiment with lowering the float level until the problem goes away or it gets too lean.

yzer67

Dec 3, 2001
Did yall hear bout the keasea mxx(i think) 50.Iherd it had 2 more horsepower than the cobras.even though a fast bike helps its the rider.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom