Ohad

Mar 24, 2017
Hello, I'm a 16 year old kid looking to get into dirtbikes, living in Israel. I'm looking for a good dirtbike starter bike, mostly to commute, very rarely offroad, no racing intended. highly preferable a KTM. I've saw that the KTM 500 exc is a good starter bike, but the rules in Israel mean that to get a motorcycle license at the age of 16 legally, it needs to be a 125 or less. So I was looking at the KTM 125 exc, but friends are telling me it accelerates very quickly. Any help?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A KTM125 EXC is not a starter bike in any sense of the word. KTMs tend to be better suited to more advanced riders. The only exception to that would be the KTM125 Duke http://www.ktm.com/naked-bike/125-duke-1/ . It's not a dirtbike but it's an exceptional starter bike and will still be fun to ride once you become more skilled.

KTM-Duke-125.jpg

If a dirtbike is really what you want you would be much better off with something like the Kawasaki KLX125, or the Beta 125 RR-S
15KLX125C_LIM_RF.jpg

Betamotor%20RR_S_LC_125_rosso_2016_OK_1-LR.jpg

Ohad

Mar 24, 2017
Alright gotcha. Yeah the Beta 125 RR-s seems like a good option. Thank you. Would you say it's good for commuting? Also, I don't see any Beta dealers in Israel.. hm.

Ohad

Mar 24, 2017
There are many Kawasaki dealers near me, think I might go for the KLX. Does it come street legal or does it have to be modified?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
In the US it comes street legal so I would guess it is the same in other countries.

Ohad

Mar 24, 2017
Alright, update after some research:
There are no beta dealers in Israel.
Kawasaki KLX125 has many shit reviews, doesn't seem very good.
Pulse Adrenaline 125 is a good bike, yet no dealers in Israel.
Sinnis Apache 125, also good, still no dealers in Israel.
Israel is shit.
Might have to go with the duke.

Ohad

Mar 24, 2017
After a lot of research I have found out:
There are no beta dealers in Israel.
Kawasaki KLX125 has many shit reviews, doesn't seem very good.
Pulse Adrenaline 125 is a good bike, yet no dealers in Israel.
Sinnis Apache 125, also good, still no dealers in Israel.
I've been looking at the Yamaha WR125X, but it's not sold in any dealerships in Israel. Might have to go with the WR125R. Which hopefully is good for the roads.
Now something else other than dirtbikes, is the Aprilia RS 125. It really caught my attention. Absolutely sexy, fast, not much maintenance, great for a 125. But I just hate the sound of it (and i'd rather ride supermotos/dirtbikes).

Top Bottom