JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
Before I ride my bike again I'd like to change the jetting. I don't have the time this week to really get it dialed in but I'd like at least a slight improvement.

The bike lugs great but just above that it gets very rich. Then it cleans right out to a good midrange. The guy at the dealership says to start by installing the leaner needle that came with my bike. Should I try this or just drop the pilot one size?

I got 2 pilots, 1 main and one needle with the bike.

I just thought there might be a very common starting point to get me going. I live in NH and I'm running Torco at 40:1

thanks

------------------
Jay
2001 KTM 250 E/XC
NETRA & AMA Member

Chicken Wrist Racing
TWIST IT!!!!

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
Jet it per the back of your orange book for elevation and temp. Check your float height, err on lower fuel level....

------------------

Pumpkinhead

Mar 6, 2001
Mine ran the same way that you are describing and the only changes I've made were to raise the clip on the needle to the 2nd position and adjust the air screw. It's alot better but still seems a tiny bit sluggish down low. I'm thinking a different needle is my next step...unless I have the slide cut to 6.5. I will let you know if I make any other changes that work out well. Should be the starting point you are looking for though.

The stock jetting is pretty rich.

------------------
(formerly XR44ME) Rick

AMA Member
NETRA Member
'00 KTM 300 MX/C

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
1367N needle (CGH) Sudco - $5.00 plus shipping.

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
42P 178M NozE -3rd from top for me. Runs awesome. Klotz Tech 40:1
Oh and the Bazooka silencer replaced with Power Core II.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

Top Bottom